I am thrilled with the Eastern-y theme for our wedding. But in my endless forays around the Internet, I often come across photos and ideas that would be fabulous for other themes. So, just for fun, here’s the first in a little series of theme ideas. Today’s post: Daisies!
Daisies make a great wedding theme because they’re simple and cheerful, and the flower itself is inexpensive and easy to find every spring. They work with a variety of settings and moods because you can choose between the classic white version or strongly colored, pop-art-y Gerbera daisies. While it’s best not to cover every spare inch with daisies or daisy themes (easy to do with such plentiful flowers, but a bit much on the eye!), a few well-placed daisies can bring instant cheer to any spring or summer wedding.
Images, left to right, from top:
1. Colorful flower balloons from Martha Stewart
3. Favors with petals made of candy-coated chocolate; available at confettiflowers.com
5. “Daisy” wedding gown from UK designer Lyn Ashworth
6. Vintage Daisies cake, Martha Stewart Weddings, Fall 2003
7. Multicolored Daisy Paper Garland; $3.50 for 13 feet, at Luna Bazaar
8. Daisy Chain letterpress invitations, Bella Figura
9. Gerbera daisy floral centerpiece; how-to instructions on Martha Stewart’s site
10. These vintage plastic daisy cabochons could be used to jazz up placecards, invitations, or any number of other items; 12 for $4 at Etsy, and also sometimes available on Ebay.
11. Favor boxes; $1.50 each at Daisy Days
12. Martha Stewart Weddings (Fall 2006) featured directions for making these delicate daisy chains out of paper-punch shapes strung on embroidery floss.
13. Another version of a daisy cake courtesy of Martha Stewart Weddings (Spring 2006). Martha’s site has instructions for making meringue daisies to decorate your own cake; or you can purchase them online.
Other ideas include decorating your place settings by tying each napkin with a ribbon and inserting a single daisy stem into each. Or giving out daisy seed packs as favors, perhaps with a note saying “He loves me, / He loves me not; / He loves me, / So we tied the knot!” And what could be cuter than a crown of daisies on a flowergirl?
Do you have other daisy items or ideas to share?