Officiant J signaled to the string quartet that we had sealed the deal and the ceremony was finished—and they began to play a string quartet arrangement of “I’m Yours” by Jason Mraz. (That was an easy mutual decision for Mr. W and I. It’s recognizable, upbeat, and the name seemed a propos. Mr. W’s runner-up, in case you’re interested, was a string quartet arrangement of “Thriller.” I’m glad we held off on the Michael Jackson until the dance party started.)
Press play and listen along!
Then, before anyone knew what was happening, Mr. W swept me up into his arms and carried me back down the aisle. Other than reciting our vows, that tops my favorite memories of the day—it was one of those fleeting moments that I’ll never forget.
And Mr. W carried me back into the Oak Tree Manor house, where we had a minute or two alone.
Next came the leading dudes and ladies. Best Man A led with a woman on each arm. He was more than happy to take that responsibility. (Uh, let’s be real, what guy wouldn’t be?) And poor Maid of Honor A (on the right) was still holding my ginormous bouquet—not surprisingly, I forgot to retrieve it from her before Mr. W swept me up. The bouquet was the last thing on my mind at the time.
Our parents followed the bridesmaids and groomsmen. I love how both of my parents (especially my mom) are giving the photographer the side-eye—they’ve mastered that whole “get-off-me-paparazzi” look.
Inside, Mama Wallaby bustled my dress like a pro. (No joke: she bustled it faster than the seamstress did at my final fitting! Props, Mom.)
And after Pastor J signed our marriage certificate, we snapped a photo with him. I love it—it’s our only normal photo with him. When he was about to leave, I realized that it was our only chance to take a photo with the man who married us.
Before we joined the rest of the party (trust me, the champagne was already flowing on the other side of the property), we took a few more photos of just the two of us.
This last one cracks me up. There’s something about it that is quintessentially us.
Okay, seriously now, enough of the two of us. Next up: wedding party photoz!
*All pictures by the fahhb-u-lous Mustard Seed Photography.
Miss a recap? Previously:
- We got our pro pics in the mail, and I freaked out just a little.
- Orlando and his crew at A Sweet Film whipped up a sweet little teaser from the wedding.
- We p-a-r-t-ied with close friends and fam, Persian style. (We’re taking “Gangnam Style” to the next level.)
- We girls got our nails did, while the guys carted all of the wedding stuff off to the venue. Poor boys.
- We survived a hectic rehearsal in the dark.
- The wedding party and our out-of-town guests joined us for a juicy steak rehearsal dinner.
- I wrote my vows, and we battled Houston traffic to get to Oak Tree Manor.
- Following some game-time decisions, we girls sat in the stylist’s chair for hair and makeup.
- Mr. W sent up a sentimental note and a sweet little gift, and I got all dressed up.
- Mustard Seed snapped some more photos of us during our couple’s portraits and family portraits.
- I shared our ceremony deets, our guests arrived, and my dad and I got a little emotional.
- We walked/sauntered/pranced/cried down the aisle and we were married.