And finally, it was my turn to walk down the aisle! I was so happy and proud my mom got to come to California all the way from Chile to give me away to Mr. Poodle. Right before we walked into our chapel I was super nervous, but once my pretty handmade veil flew away in the wind, we had a good laugh and relaxed all over again. 🙂
I think this is the only picture I have of my with my veil still on.
The music started right when we were getting closer to the entryway. We played Desde que te vi from Natalino. The English translation is “Ever since I saw you,” which described perfectly the way I felt about Mr. Poodle.
You can see my veil in the background getting caught in the bushes:
We were ready to enter!
Once we reached the altar, our minister and very good friend Paul asked, “Quien entrega a Joy en Matrimonio?” – “Who gives Joy to be married?”
This caught me totally by surprise, as I had no idea he added Spanish in to make things easier for my mom. 🙂
That was when my Mom gave me away to Mr. Poodle. He thanked her and we both kissed her. 🙂
My friend Connie and my mom traveled all the way from Chile to witness our wedding.
“On behalf of the bride and groom, thank you for sharing in this very special day… “
Want to catch up?
- Handmade Amor: We are ready to start!
- Handmade Amor: Our Chapel and Rings
- Handmade Amor: Bride and Groom (Part 2)
- Handmade Amor: Bride and Groom (Part 1)
- Handmade Amor: The ladies!
- Handmade Amor: Mr. P & the Groomsmen
- Handmade Amor: First look
- Handmade Amor: Getting ready – The guys!
- Handmade Amor: Getting ready – I am a BRIDE!
- Handmade Amor: Getting ready – The details
- Handmade Amor: We rehearse and change plans
*All Images by the super talented Next Exit Photography
(I’ve edited some of them)