In my last post I shared our vows and how much fun that part of our ceremony was! After that, our friend Paul recited one of the more touching prayers I’ve heard him say.
The air around us felt warm for a moment while we had our eyes closed, carefully listening to Paul’s sweet prayer. I don’t think I can describe how happy I felt while holding his hands. (I did feel my dress hitting me in the face a few times, though.)
Our long-distance relationship was finally facing an end and we were about to begin a full new life together, closer together than ever before.
Mr. Poodle and I were so touched, happy, and excited to finally be presented as husband and wife! The kiss speaks for itself! 🙂
After that we started walking out as our guests got a hold of the birdseed.
I ended up with seeds EVERYWHERE on me! Some of our guests didn’t even bother to untie the little bags and hit Mr. Poodle with them several times. You can see one coming the photo below, but it was awesome!
And I can’t finish our ceremony recaps without specially thanking the people that made it possible for my family back in Chile to witness everything from their computers. Carl and Jimmy (right and center) worked so hard trying to get internet access in the remote area we chose for our ceremony, and when everything seemed like it was just not going to happen, they called me on Skype while I was sewing pillowcases at home with Momma Poodle and showed me the finished fireplace/altar at our chapel. I could not help but cry because it just meant the world to me. They did the impossible and helped with tons of cables and several routers, and brought our wedding to the people that could not come. They just ROCK! And of course, on the left was our DJ Ricky, the coolest DJ EVER! Just wait and see!
Next up… you’ll really want to see our rides. 😛 So stay tuned!
Want to catch up?
- Handmade Amor: The vows
- Handmade Amor: The Ceremony Begins
- Handmade Amor: The Bride’s Turn!
- Handmade Amor: We are ready to start!
- Handmade Amor: Our Chapel and Rings
- Handmade Amor: Bride and Groom (Part 2)
- Handmade Amor: Bride and Groom (Part 1)
- Handmade Amor: The ladies!
- Handmade Amor: Mr. P & the Groomsmen
- Handmade Amor: First look
- Handmade Amor: Getting ready – The guys!
- Handmade Amor: Getting ready – I am a BRIDE!
- Handmade Amor: Getting ready – The details
- Handmade Amor: We rehearse and change plans
*All Images by the super talented Next Exit Photography
(I’ve edited some of them)