I made up a hashtag for our wedding, which I figured only a few guests would use, but would be fun anyway.
When I decided on the tag, I looked it up online and nobody had used it, so I thought it was safe to order our photo sharing cards—and then, the weekend before we got married, someone snagged the same tag! Luckily their guests also didn’t really use it, so there weren’t a lot of photos and Tweets already tagged.
Having a hashtag for your wedding might seem kind of silly, but we had fun with it. I posted a lot in the days before the wedding, using the tag, and BM Fatina really went nuts with it on Instagram. My sister used it a bit on Twitter, and even our photographer Rozy got into it!
Here are a few of my favourite posts using the tag (which was not actually #dragonwedding):
“Road trip, Day 2.”
“We’re ready for the wedding tomorrow with our awesome new shades!”
“It’s almost wedding time. Can you find the bride? LOL”
“We’re keeping it Klassy at the #dragonwedding.”
“Me and Shayla, the beautiful bride!”
“The Biggest Smile”¦or just a big mouth :)”
Even if you only have a few people who will use it, I suggest making a wedding hashtag. It’s fun to have all of everyone’s posts in one place! Just make sure you choose your tag wisely.
Did you have a lot of people Tweeting or Instagramming your wedding? Did you like it?
Did you miss a recap?
- Our journey begins with a bit of reflection on our wedding.
- We road tripped down Highway 11 to Brockville.
- Sadness came before our joy when we found out a family member passed away.
- We rehearsed, ate pizza, baked a cake, and hot tubbed!
- The girls got up bright and early for a hair appointment.
- We put on our makeup and did our nails while everyone else took care of wedding prep.
- I became a (nervous) bride, and with dress, accessories and makeup on”¦waited.
- Mr. Dragon shares his side of the story.
- Both of the Dragons were jittery, but we managed to get the wedding started.
- But”¦where was Mr. Dragon going?!
- Everyone made it up the aisle, and it was time for the ceremony.
- We sealed our vows with a kiss.
- Inside the house, we signed our license, and took a few relaxing breaths!
- After a rocky start, we breezed through family photos.
- Most of our wedding party photos were candids, because we wanted everyone to be able to eat.
- We dug in to delicious BBQ food and sweet treats.
- Speech! Speech! Speech!
- Mr. Dragon and I did the high school shuffle, then we danced with our parents.
- The party began for real, on the dance floor and elsewhere.
- All the single ladies and dudes made their grabs for the bouquet and garter.
- Growing sleepy, we said goodbye to our guests.
- I showed off our decor details.
- The spotlight then went on our swanky duds!
All images not otherwise indicated by Rozy Seitz. Those marked with an asterisk were edited, with permission, by me.