We are now about four months out from the High Wire wedding. All of our vendors have been selected and contracted. The big to-dos are now to-DONEs. It feels great.
My passions before wedding planning were very health oriented. Lately, those passions have taken a backseat while I’ve worked diligently on getting wedding tasks accomplished.
But now that the largest tasks are behind me, it is time to combine things a bit.
When I started to put this post together, I immediately thought of a post from one of my favorite blogs, Healthy Tipping Point. Caitlin wrote an awesome post on goal-setting for the new year back in January, and I went to re-read that post today to give me some tips and inspiration.
How to Set (and Actually Achieve) New Year’s Resolutions
I highly encourage you to check out that post if you are ever in a situation where you want to set some realistic goals for yourself, any time of the year!
This healthy-wedding series will include recipes and workouts with brides in mind (but the tips are applicable anytime)!
(Image via PR Web)
My goal sheet has detailed steps included to help achieve each of my goals, but I thought I would share the six main goals I have set for myself for the wedding.
- Pay it forward (e.g., donate blood, volunteer at a race).
- Rock the dress (toned arms and upper body for wedding).
- Drink five glasses of water while at work (glowing skin for the wedding).
- Fit into black shorts. (This will be my measure of physical progress instead of a scale.)
- Do something active every day (e.g., schedule workouts in day planner, walk dog).
- Eat at home (meal plan, try new recipes).
I really want to put more focus and energy into improving my overall health and well being again. This series will definitely help keep me accountable. Hopefully it will give you some new ideas as well!
Did you make any healthful changes to your lifestyle while preparing for a big event? What were your results?