It’s hard to believe that I’m about to bid farewell to the hive. But before I go, there are some moments and photos from our wedding that didn’t make it into my recaps that I thought would still be fun to share. First, a few detail shots:
|My beautiful bouquet from the folks at Mockingbird Florist|
|A ring shot on the carpet|
|The shoes of death… so pretty. So painful.|
|King Hippo’s shoes|
I mentioned here that our guest list was not equally divided between me and King Hippo. With my side of the guest list much larger, we didn’t want people to sit on the bride’s side or the groom’s side for the ceremony, so instead directed guests with a little (OK… kinda big) sign.
My family lives all over the country, so our wedding was a mini-family reunion of sorts. It was made extra special by the arrival of my niece, and it was the first time many members of our family were able to meet her. For my grandfather, who is in his eighties, it was the first time he met his first great grandchild.
At some point during the reception, Mama Hippo showed King Hippo how he had been listed in her cell phone all these years. He was tickled to find out that she would be changing his listing in her contacts from “Son in Law Wannabee” to straight up “Son in Law.” Mama Hippo is a hoot!
I’m so happy to have these moments and details recorded forever. For something that’s “just one day,” our families have memories that will last a lifetime, and I couldn’t be more more ecstatic about it.
Miss Any of the Hippo Wedding?
- We finished up our last minute projects and hung out with the family.
- The ladies met up for lunch.
- We rehearsed for the big show.
- We had an amazing rehearsal dinner.
- The girls got their hair did, and I put on my face.
- I get all bridal.
- I take bridal portraits and pictures with the ladies.
- The guys get ready and take photos.
- We get a sneak peek of the reception venue.
- The wedding party warms the rings.
- Our guests warm the rings.
- The wedding party makes their grand entrance.
- We get hitched (part 1) and (part 2).
- We take photos together for the first time.
- The wedding party joins the celebration.
- We dance as husband and wife
- We eat, drink and toast.
- We get our groove on.
- We cut the cake and taste deliciousness.
- We have second dessert.
- The party comes to an end.
- New York City/Dallas, TX
- Event Planner for a Non-Profit
- Wedding Date:
- March 2011
- Samuel Lynne Galleries and Marc Events