After our time was up at the beautiful cenote, we headed down to Xcael beach for the second half of our trash the dress session. As soon as we pulled in, Rachel saw this beautiful palm tree and decided to start our beach photos there.
Of course it didn’t take long to add in my handsome husband.
I even got to help Mr. Meerkat get a bit more relax and losen his tie.
Next we moved up to the beautiful sand dune down by the waterfront.
And then we got a little goofy.
As the sun was getting ready to set we headed down off the sand dune and onto the beach.
We even got a couple photos with my hand painted parasol. And no, M doesn’t stand for Meerkat. 😉
Slowly we began to make our way down to the water’s edge.
And then it was go time—we were going to get soaking wet.
At first I was doing really well but then a small wave came and start to pull the train of my dress along with it. Mr. Meerkat had to hold me in place so I didn’t fall face first into the water.
After a couple minutes I got use to the pull of the waves and was able to stand somewhat on my own – enough so we could start getting some photos.
Mr. Meerkat still had to partially hold me up as the waves were still trying to wash my train away.
It was getting really tough to stay standing in the waves so Rachel moved us up to the beach for some shots on the sand.
And with that Mr. Meerkat bundled us up in towels and we headed back to the hotel.
It was an absolutely amazing time. One I can’t even begin to express in words. So maybe I should let the video speak for itself:
Rachel, Jonathan, Paul and Sesan – Thank you so much. You kept us laughing the whole time. This is a memory I will always look back on and treasure.
Days Before Wedding
- We Arrive In Mexico
- Out Of Town Bags
- Fun In Mexico
- Our Best Man Goes Missing
- A Dress Fiasco and Rehearsal Dinner
- Our Fairy Godmothers (aka Getting Ready)
- Time To Put The Dress On
- The Guys Get Ready
- The Something Old, New, Borrowed and Blue I Didn’t Plan
- Just A Few Pictures With My Girls
- Get Me To The Beach
- A Gift For Mr. Meerkat
- A Beach Processional
- Our Love Story Ceremony
- Our Sand Ceremony
- Vows, Rings and Hands
- Ceremony Conclusion
Cocktail Hour and Portraits
- Hugs, Kisses and Congratulations
- Mix and Mingle – Our Cocktail Hour
- “Tell Us A Story” Guestbook
- Family and Bridal Party Portraits
- Bride and Groom Portraits Part 1; Part 2
- Our Grand Entrance
- Dinner and Toasts Part 1; Part 2
- Let’s Smash Some Cake!
- Our Unchoreographed First Dance
- Mr. Meerkat Made Me Cry (Father-Daughter Dance)
- Dancing With Our Moms
- Rock Music, Flaming Coffee & One Sexy Bitch
- And We Danced The Night Away…
Trash The Dress
- Kalamazoo, MI/Riviera Maya
- Application Engineer
- Wedding Date:
- December 2010
- Al Cielo / La Laguna