Hello there, fellow illustrious members of the hive! Can you believe it’s almost 2013? I thought I needed to write at least one last post before the new year to wrap up a few things before we start the final stretch of wedding planning. I feel kind of bad about being sort of quiet around these parts lately, but if truth be told, not much wedding planning has been going on in the Armadillo household. What HAS been going on around here, though, is presents. ALL KINDS OF PRESENTS! Wanna know what I got for Christmas this year?
Seriously, when I opened that Kitchenaid mixer Mr. A got me for Christmas this year, I was rendered completely speechless. Admittedly, it was the one item on our registries I reeeeeally wanted but figured no one would buy for us since it’s a tad bit on the pricey side”¦and Mr. A went off and bought it for me, himself! I guess he figured it’s the gift that keeps on giving, especially since I’ve already used it twice to bake some delicious goodies for him! I’ll admit I’ve been kind of obnoxious with it, but who wouldn’t want to use a sweet piece of culinary machinery like that any chance they’ve got? (“Scrambled eggs for breakfast, you say? Hold on”“I have the appropriate machine for this now. I got this.”)
I also received a very important piece of Weddingbee paraphernalia in the mail the other day from Mrs. Potion:
Thanks, Mrs. P!
I’m all set to incorporate these cute little bees into my wedding day ensemble and I’m so looking forward to including this blogger bee tradition into my wedding day rituals!
Speaking of looking forward to things, I thought that instead of making a list of new year’s resolutions, I’d make a list of all the things I’m looking forward to what 2013 will bring for me and Mr. A. Here are some of the obvious (and not-so-obvious) things I’m looking forward to in the coming year:
1. Getting these pain-in-the-ass-invitations in the mail. Seriously, I have no idea what I was thinking when I decided to completely DIY 210 wedding invitations. I will breathe a serious sigh of relief when these babies are finally dropped off at the post office.
2. Seeing the look on Mr. A’s face when I walk down the aisle. We’re not doing a “first-look,” so I can’t wait to see his reaction when we meet at the altar on our wedding day. And heck, who am I kidding? I can’t wait to see how I’m going to react during my walk down the aisle!
3. Having all of the important people from our various stages in life all in one place at the ceremony and reception. The only other time this ever happens is at your funeral (morbid, I know.) It is seriously going to be SO AWESOME to see all of my amazing friends and family in one place, particularly those friends and family I don’t get to see very often.
4. Moving in together with Mr. A. I’m pretty sure this one doesn’t need further explanation.
5. Getting back to normal, non-wedding planning life after the wedding is over. Don’t get me wrong”“I love all of this wedding planning crap. I just really love my normal life, too. It’ll be nice to not have to constantly think about wedding-related things and instead focus my energy on being married to Mr. A!
6. Having a full-time job. If this doesn’t happen in 2013, I might have to join a support group. Or pull my hair out. Or both.
7. Witnessing the accumulation of the past 18 months of planning come to life in March. And getting the wedding photos back to re-live it.
8. Marrying the love of my life! (Duh!) Through thick and thin, being married to Mr. A is going to be amazing. I can’t wait to start our journey together as husband and wife in 2013!
So, hive, what’s been up with you, lately? Anyone else get anything off their registries this holiday season? What all are you looking forward to in 2013?