Immediately following cocktail hour, our parents and bridal party were introduced. Staying true to our silly selves, we decided to have a little fun with their song selection. Mr. PaC, his brother and I have a running joke/shared goofiness for a particular song that we can’t resist singing along to. And that’s the short version of how “Mahna Mahna” by Cake became our bridal party introduction song. (Mr. PaC recalls a phone call from the DJ asking where he could find “the cake song by by Mahna”. Yes, our tastes are offbeat enough to confuse our DJ.)
The music queued up and only because we knew what to listen for could we make out the strains of the familiar melody.
Mr. PaC’s parents!
With each introduction, our guests cheered louder and louder.
Two of our very best friends: Groomsman J and Bridesmaid R
By now, we couldn’t even tell there was music playing.
And our honor attendants: his brother M and my sister L
Would Mr. PaC’s brother hear the song?
M looking sharp in his specs and suit. My sister wears a proud grin.
We were ever hopeful that even though we couldn’t hear the song, Mr. PaC’s brother would. But our musical joke was unheard. He had no clue until we told him later that night. (Future brides: take note that your intro songs may be drowned out by enthusiastic cheering.)
The crowd waits…
Tucked away in the great hall awaiting our turn.
As we waited out of sight, Mr. PaC and I exchanged knowing side glances deciding at that moment to have a little fun with our guests. We poked our heads around the corner as a quick tease sending our friends and family into a frenzy before disappearing again! After a moment’s pause, we burst into the room! What felt like hundreds of flashbulbs strobed us from every direction.
The new Mr. and Mrs.!
Intense and unfettered joy!
The bass line to “Another One Bites the Dust” thumped in the background as the cheering and happy commotion felt like it took forever to subside. The DJ faded the song out. Our big moment was next—the first dance!
You know what comes next…the first dance!
(all photos by Heather Fowler Photography, unless otherwise noted)
Catch up on our PaC recaps!
- In the days leading up to the wedding, I wanted to be sedated.
- I walked the line between calm and stressed for the better part of our rehearsal day.
- “Don’t panic” and its friends were what Mr. PaC kept telling me on the way to our rehearsal dinner.
- Best wedding morning advice: wake up slow and tackle the day at your own pace.
- Once at our venue, our DIY projects were assembled with our own two hands.
- The girls get ready with champagne and chocolate-covered potato chips.
- The guys are ready… and waiting.
- She’s mine! All mine! (The dress that is.)
- Brown-eyed girl (and guy) portraits.
- Something old and new, borrowed and blue.
- My sneaky groom has a secret heart when it comes to surprises.
- A first look for the two of us plus more couples portraits in the garden.
- With brother and sister standing by, we took our bridal party and family portraits.
- After fretting about rain, the sun came out just as our guests arrived for the ceremony.
- Maybe I was just a little amazed at how beautifully our ceremony had started.
- After waiting 19 long months, here comes Mr. PaC’s girl!
- We spoke of love and some verses in our ceremony.
- Cocktail hour began with a rockin’ start.