With 325 guests at our wedding, we knew it would be hard to talk to everyone that was there. For us, it was important to be there at the start of the cocktail hour so we’d have extra time to visit with our guests. I’m so glad we did it this way rather than being fashionably late, because we actually got to spend time chatting with family and friends!
When we walked into the reception for the cocktail hour, we were greeted with this pretty table.
When they walked in the room, they saw our version of a guest book. We made a wishing tree and asked guests to write wishes for us on tags, and then hang them on the tree.
We had one of our family friends playing the piano in the room, which was lovely.
Our guests started filtering in and headed to the bar for drinks.
We had two signature cocktails for guests to choose from (along with the usual beer, wine, etc) including the “Something Blue”
and the “Marry me-Jito”.
In lieu of a slideshow, we opted to hang pictures from all stages of our lives for guests to look at during the cocktail hour.
The kids found their own little table filled with coloring books and crayons.
After some more mingling, it was time to head into the dining room for dinner!
All images by Deborah Cull Photography
Previously in our wedding recaps:
- Mascaras Get Married: The Beginning
- Mascaras Get Married: Giving Gifts
- Mascaras Get Married: Girls Get Ready
- Mascaras Get Married: Guys Get Ready, and a Gift for the Groom
- Mascaras Get Married: Becoming a Bride
- Mascaras Get Married: Processionals and Pep Talks
- Mascaras Get Married: Husband and Wife
- Mascaras Get Married: Portraits
- Mascaras Get Married: A Photographic Adventure