They may not be celebrities, but to us they’re stars. So, we made sure to set aside some time to dance with the two ladies that mean the world to us: our moms!
I lost my dad when I was a kid but still wanted to have that special dance at my wedding. So, my mom filled in and we took the dance floor first.
Somebody’s Hero by Jamie O’Neal
We originally planned to dance to “Brown Eyed Girl” but made the decision less than a month out to switch to “Somebody’s Hero”.
Needless to say, I had to pull some major “try not to cry” faces to avoid the “ugly cry” face.
Mom and I both realized we were in a losing battle on the cry front, so we struck up a conversation instead.
“OMG. No she DIDN’T!”
Still not convinced that we avoided the messy makeup cry, we invited some of my nieces onto the dance floor to finish up the song.
We made it through the song mascara-run-free. Then it was Mr. Lab’s and his mom’s turn.
Mr. Lab’s sister watches on in the background.
Their dance was a little more drama-free. But it was so sweet to see them on the dance floor together. I know MIL Lab was just thinking about her baby boy being all grown up the whole time.
What special dances (other than the first dance) will you have at your wedding?
Previously on Southern Sweethearts:
- Southern Belles Do Tea
- A Rude Vendor Interrupts Our Rehearsal
- We Have Dinner on the Savannah River
- A Spooky Ghost Tour and My Last Fling
- Our Wedding Trailer
- Becoming a Blushing Bride
- I Slip Into My eBay Wedding Dress
- The Fellas Get “Sessay”
- He Got Boudoir, I Got Bling
- An Unplanned First Look
- Our Wedding Party”¦and Paparazzi
- Details Tell the Story
- Years of Waiting for This Moment (Ceremony Part: 1)
- We Tie the Knot with Faith, Hope, & Love (Ceremony Part: 2)
- My Wedding Party Poses for Mug Shots While We Take Formals
- We Shared a Private Dinner for Two During Cocktail Hour
- Our Wedding Party Lines Up for Introductions
- We Nom on Publix and Sanford Stadium Cakes
Next Up: Some Standard Wedding Traditions
*All professional photos by Lindsi Jones Photography. Some images may have been slightly altered by moi.