I am pretty much completely obsessed with crafting. It’s my favorite thing to do. If I have a Friday night to myself, I get really excited to be able to craft in peace, without anyone to make fun of me. If I had room for a craft room in my apartment… oh, that would be AWESOME! I’m a nerd.
Anyway, invitations were one of the very first projects I fantasized about when this whole wedding-planning thing got started. Not the dress, not flowers… the invitations!
For weeks I have been playing around with colors, illustrations, watercolors… and now I think we’ve finally settled into a design. I attempted our first mock-up, and I am really excited about the results. Some of the paper choices will be different (cardstock vs. paper), but I think I am going to stick pretty closely to this look. Because blogs without pictures are boring… let me introduce to you a sneak peek of… Ms. Amelie Laureen!
*Full disclosure upon completion of a real invite!
Here are the elements:
- Stardream Lapis A7 pocketfold
- Navy linen mat and belly band
- Vintage gold buttons for the belly band (or faux vintage – we are on a budget after all!!)
- White linen inserts with navy, cranberry, and gold ink/stamping
- Gold embossed stars/gold embroidery thread to add texture to the main invite (the stars look like they are hanging from the thread down the left side of the main invite.
- Tri-fold info insert (accommodations, etc.)
- Hand-drawn map with vintage paper backing
- RSVP card
Ummmmm, I am totally crazy because the invitation suite I designed will basically take us from now until spring to assemble. BUT…. we will LOVE THEM!!!
How complex are your DIY invites?