I closed my eyes for a few moments. Everything was already happening way too fast. I wish I could’ve frozen that moment in time, feeling surrounded by the love of all of the women who matter most to me. Mega girl power.
Downstairs, Mr. W and the guys were pacing around, probably a little bored. The bar hadn’t opened yet, and there weren’t any college football games on for another hour—so I’m not sure what all went on downstairs. Manly stuff. Probably a lot of making fun of each other and talking about chicks.
When it was finally time for our first look, the photographers signaled for Mr. W to stand by the entry of Oak Tree Manor. He straightened his tie, adjusted his cuffs, and stood around looking handsome. Hive, isn’t he the sexiest?
When we talk about the wedding now, he says he was really, really nervous. The photos are proof—he looks like he’s about to barf.
And then, finally, it was time. I missed this guy a lot. I walked through the front door, and down the steps, and into the arms of my favorite person ever.
These photos make my heart melt. You can see so much emotion in Mr. W’s face. Here’s another gem:
And then, we did what all couples do during their first looks: check each other out. This is Mr. W’s “dayyyumm, you look good!” face:
And I got a look at my modern-day Carey Grant. The guy’s got it goin’ on.
We had an audience the whole time. Bees planning on a first look—don’t think that your doting mothers or bridesmaids will let you off that easy.
My parents teared up watching us. The look in my dad’s eyes rips my heart apart. (Daddy’s girl much?)
A little shy to unleash the PDA on our best friends and family, Mr. W gave me a little peck on the cheek.
And that’s a wrap, people! Next up, we cozy up for some couple’s portraits.
*All photos by my favorite shutterbugs, Mustard Seed Photography.
Miss a recap? Previously:
- We got our pro pics in the mail, and I freaked out just a little.
- Orlando and his crew at A Sweet Film whipped up a sweet little teaser from the wedding.
- We p-a-r-t-ied with close friends and fam, Persian style. (We’re taking “Gangnam Style” to the next level.)
- We girls got our nails did, while the guys carted all of the wedding stuff off to the venue. Poor boys.
- We survived a hectic rehearsal in the dark.
- The wedding party and our out-of-town guests joined us for a juicy steak rehearsal dinner.
- I wrote my vows, and we battled Houston traffic to get to Oak Tree Manor.
- Following some game-time decisions, we girls sat in the stylist’s chair for hair and makeup.
- Mr. W sent up a sentimental note and a sweet little gift, and I got all dressed up.