After we each read the vows we’d written, it was time to finish the ceremony.
Our officiant friend asked Mr. Cola two very important questions: “Alex, with your promises to Morgan in mind, do you take her to be your wife? Do you promise to love, honor, and cherish her for all time?”
To which Mr. Cola gave the standard reply of “I do.”
Then it was my turn to be asked the same questions.”¦but I may have been a little overeager! **blushes**
Officiant: “Morgan, with your promises to Alex in mind, do you take him to be your husband?”
Here, our officiant took a breath, and paused for a second too long—long enough for me to but in with my big mouth.
I blurted out: “Heck yeah, I do!”
Um, yeah. He wasn’t done with asking the second question, but I was too excited, and took his pause as my signal to jump in with my answer!
Our officiant laughed at me, then finished his last question, to which I replied with a much more demure “I do,” and he asked for the rings from my sister.
Mr. Cola and I both repeated, as we slipped the rings on each others fingers: “I give you this ring, as a daily reminder of my love for you.”
And with that, we were declared husband and wife, and given permission to go in for a big old smooch!
Followed by a celebratory walk up the aisle. HECK YEAH, we were married! 😉
We weren’t really sure how far we should walk, since we knew we would be taking family pictures right away, so we figured this was about far enough, and enjoyed a long hug.
I honestly have no idea what everyone else did after we walked up the aisle. I assume our wedding party walked just like they came in. But I was on cloud 9 and oblivious to all our surroundings at that point; there was no one else in the world other than my husband and me.
Newlyweds, did anyone else interrupt your officiant during your ceremony? Tell me I’m not alone!
Miss any wedding week details? Catch up here:
- I packed an emergency bag that saved my dress
- We had a crazy 4 days prepping for house guests and stuffing favors
- Shopping for a ton of wedding flowers to arrange ourselves
- Mr. Cola drinks a 40 and I have a night out on the town for our low-key bach parties
- A day of DIYing flower arrangements
- I kicked off our official recaps with my #1 wedding tip
- We began the weekend festivities with a sunset cruise for our wedding party
- We rehearsed our quick and easy ceremony
- I panicked, but we got our rehearsal dinner decorations set up just in time
- Our families met for the first time at our rehearsal dinner under the trees
- What went wrong on our wedding day, and my tips for future brides
- My bridesmaids and I got our hair and makeup done in the hotel suite
- I put on my wedding dress and became a bride
- The guys watched the World Cup, then got ready in 10 minutes
- Traffic delayed our decorations getting to the venue, and I almost ruined our first look
- We got to see each other for the first time on our wedding day at our first look
- We took some time for bride and groom pictures in the park
- I gave you a behind the scenes look at our family, friends and DOC setting up our venue
- Arriving at our venue and getting ready for the ceremony to start
- Everyone walked down the aisle
- Excerpts from our ceremony, and reading the vows we wrote for each other
(Unless otherwise noted, all photos in this post were taken by the very talented photographers of Shoot Me Now Photography)