I’ve been getting a lot of questions about the petal cones I made last year. So without further ado… Materials:
-petal cone template (petal_cone_template2.pdf)
-1 sheet of 8.5″ x 11″ paper per cone
-Double-sided tape (I like the Scotch double-sided tape pen)
-1 8″ – 10″ length of ribbon for each cone handle
-2 eyelets per cone + hole-punch and eyelet setting tools
-Optional Embellishments — paper lace, stickers, ribbon, paper flowers, tags
1. Trace template onto sheet, and cut out along heavy blue lines.
2. Apply tape to right-side, along shaded area.
3. Roll the cone. Hold the cone by the left edge, and roll the right
side toward the left edge. Press to adhere. Be sure to make the
bottom somewhat pointy. This takes a little practice, so try it a few
times with scrap paper before you begin using your project paper.
4. If you prefer a flat, closed bottom instead of a point, just fold
about 1/4″-inch of the end upon itself. Use double-sided tape to
5. Trim the top of the cone to make it even. I like to use pinking
shears for a decorative edge.
6. Punch holes at the top of the cone for the ribbon handle, and set eyelets.
7. Thread ribbon through one hole, and knot. Thread through other,
and knot. Knots should be inside cone.