After we took the group pictures, PBear and I disappeared into the bridal suite to get some time alone while everyone else went to cocktail hour.
This was the first time we had a chance to be alone the whole day, without cameras or anything.
Being me, I insisted on taking a couple of selfies anyway because I was just so excited (once a blogger, always a blogger…). I was absolutely high on life. I wanted some documentation about what we were up to. Of course, someone else had my real camera so today’s post is just chock-full of some really crappy phone pics. (Sorry!)
I highly recommend sneaking away for a part of the cocktail hour if you get the chance. It was really nice to get the time alone to catch up, and to giggle at each other, Oh my gosh, we got *married*.
We had a few of each appetizer brought to us as well as a drink to get us started. We scarfed that down so fast, you’d think we hadn’t eaten all day. But it was all sooo tasty.
After we devoured the food, we did something a bit nontraditional and spontaneous. In the bridal suite, to the sound of the radio, with absolutely no one there, we hugged each other and began to sway to the slow song playing on the radio. Hidden away, while everyone else was enjoying the appetizers, we had our first dance.
For a bunch of introverts, we had been undecided about whether or not we even wanted a first dance. PBear was hesitant about awkwardly doing the middle school sway. We had plans to get dance lessons. However, things happened and we just never got around to it. I was resigned to not have that moment at all. But in the end, I think it was the most romantic first dance we could have had, and it was perfect for us. I have absolutely no idea what song was on the radio that day but, in a way, it didn’t really matter.
Did you get to slip away at some point during your reception or cocktail hour too?
Miss a recap? Previously:
- We’re back from hiding and we reintroduce ourselves.
- The weekend begins with a low-key bachelorette party.
- We start setting up and rehearse.
- We exchange gifts and do speeches at a delicious rehearsal dinner.
- The morning begins with hair and makeup.
- The boys get dressed down the hall.
- I get all dolled up and put on my amazing dress and showed off my little details
- I take my bridal portraits
- We have our first look and take some pictures.
- And then pictures with our bridal party and even more pictures with our family
- Our ceremony site is set up as our guests start to arrive
- The ceremony begins with a processional and then PBear meets me halfway
- We do a ring warming and some readings and make it official.
- We take group pictures.