Strike a pose, there’s nothing to it!
Immediately after our ceremony, Mr. Cola and I met our wedding party in front of the redwood trees, to take some formal portraits, while our parents tried to gather family for family pictures. I know formals are pretty boring if you don’t know the people, so I’ll try to keep this short! But I do have a purpose in showing you these, in regards to some missing photo advice at the bottom of this post.
Our wedding party formals were pretty standard. We did ones of us with everyone, us with just the groomsmen, and us with just the bridesmaids.
Then I took some photos with just my bridesmaids.
The must-have shoe shot!
Mr. Cola took some photos of just him and his groomsmen too. These are some of the more fun ones.
And then I posed with my sister.
Then with my parents and sister.*
Mr. Cola took some with his brother.
And then with his parents.
Then with his parents and brother.*
And I jumped in too.
Finally, it was really important to my mom that we get a photo with her whole side of the family. Even though it took forever, to gather everyone for the photo, it turned out pretty nicely.
*You may notice some key people missing from a few pictures. Namely, Mr. Cola not in a picture with my family, nor my sister’s long-time boyfriend, and SIL Cola was missing from the pictures with Mr. Cola’s family. Why? I have no idea. It just slipped my mind on our wedding day, and I was way too impatient for the formal photos to be over to care.
Would they have been nice to have? Definitely! Does it bum me out not to have these pictures? Nah, not really anymore.
Brides, take note. You WILL miss some of your must have photos. Be it in formals, small details, or key people. Your photographers can’t be everywhere, or know who everyone is, it’s just not possible, or realistic. So try not to be too disappointed, as I’ve heard so many brides are, when you get your pro pictures back if you can’t find a certain photo of something. Give it a few days and then go back and look at them again. I promise, you will fall in love with all the photos you DO have, and the missed shots will matter less and less with time. (Plus, there are always guest photos, or Photoshop!)
Miss any wedding week details? Catch up here:
- I packed an emergency bag that saved my dress
- We had a crazy 4 days prepping for house guests and stuffing favors
- Shopping for a ton of wedding flowers to arrange ourselves
- Mr. Cola drinks a 40 and I have a night out on the town for our low-key bach parties
- A day of DIYing flower arrangements
- I kicked off our official recaps with my #1 wedding tip
- We began the weekend festivities with a sunset cruise for our wedding party
- We rehearsed our quick and easy ceremony
- I panicked, but we got our rehearsal dinner decorations set up just in time
- Our families met for the first time at our rehearsal dinner under the trees
- What went wrong on our wedding day, and my tips for future brides
- My bridesmaids and I got our hair and makeup done in the hotel suite
- I put on my wedding dress and became a bride
- The guys watched the World Cup, then got ready in 10 minutes
- Traffic delayed our decorations getting to the venue, and I almost ruined our first look
- We got to see each other for the first time on our wedding day at our first look
- We took some time for bride and groom pictures in the park
- I gave you a behind the scenes look at our family, friends and DOC
- setting up our venue
- Arriving at our venue and getting ready for the ceremony to start
- Everyone walked down the aisle
- Excerpts from our ceremony, and reading the vows we wrote for each other
- I interrupted our officiant, we exchanged rings, and with a kiss we were officially married!
(Unless otherwise noted, all photos in this post were taken by the very talented photographers of Shoot Me Now Photography)