Ahhh, the details. This is the post that I’ve been waiting to write since I first started blogging. All the tiny touches, glimpses of the venue, DIY details galore, and a few shots of the bride and groom thrown in for good measure.
I know some bees like to do this post early in their recaps, but I decided I wanted to save mine for towards the end, so I could do a pretty picture overload post without a lot of description. Just a “soak in all the details and hard work from our wedding” kind of post.
I’ve already touched on most of these details, scattered throughout my recaps, although there are some photos I’ve been holding onto for just these posts. So without further ado, here’s the first of my two-part details recaps (sorry, I just couldn’t narrow it down enough to fit in one post!). Feel free to click on any of these for a larger view, and I’ve included the links to the original tutorial or inspiration posts at the bottom.
Photo 1: my DIY shoes and bridesmaid dresse, Photo 2: my dress, jewelry, and Mr. Cola’s suit, Photo 3: memory stone guestbook, Photo 4: pictures in the park, Photo 5: table numbers, Photo 6: my bouquet my mom made and DIY napkin rings (guest photo), Photo 7: LED luminary escort cards, Photo 8: more from our pictures in the park, Photo 9: cocktail table centerpieces, Photo 10: my bouquet details and jewelry again, Photo 11: our ceremony site set up, Photo 12: another DIY shoe shot, Photo 13: our first look, Photo 14: my dress details, more memory stone guestbook, Photo 15: over 6 foot tall cupcake tower, Photo 16: shoe shot, Photo 17: Mr. Cola’s boutonniere, Photo 18: cocktail hour cheese table, fauxtobooth and a stolen moment, Photo 19: choose your favor table, Photo 20: more table numbers, Photo 21: one of my ‘must have’ photos, on the swing, Photo 22: acoustic guitarist friend who learned to play our ceremony music for us, and our ceremony aisle, Photo 23: our rings resting on our DIY laser cut wedding invitations, Photo 24: circulating during dinner, Photo 25: our DIY programs (this is a guest photo), Photo 26: DIY card box and Mr. Cola’s tie
Part two of all the details is coming up next! Is anyone else as excited about getting back pro photos of all their wedding details as I was?
Miss any wedding week details? Catch up here:
- I packed an emergency bag that saved my dress
- We had a crazy 4 days prepping for house guests and stuffing favors
- Shopping for a ton of wedding flowers to arrange ourselves
- Mr. Cola drinks a 40 and I have a night out on the town for our low-key bach parties
- A day of DIYing flower arrangements
- I kicked off our official recaps with my #1 wedding tip
- We began the weekend festivities with a sunset cruise for our wedding party
- We rehearsed our quick and easy ceremony
- I panicked, but we got our rehearsal dinner decorations set up just in time
- Our families met for the first time at our rehearsal dinner under the trees
- What went wrong on our wedding day, and my tips for future brides
- My bridesmaids and I got our hair and makeup done in the hotel suite
- I put on my wedding dress and became a bride
- The guys watched the World Cup, then got ready in 10 minutes
- Traffic delayed our decorations getting to the venue, and I almost ruined our first look
- We got to see each other for the first time on our wedding day at our first look
- We took some time for bride and groom pictures in the park
- I gave you a behind the scenes look at our family, friends and DOC setting up our venue
- Arriving at our venue and getting ready for the ceremony to start
- Everyone walked down the aisle
- Excerpts from our ceremony, and reading the vows we wrote for each other
- I interrupted our officiant, we exchanged rings, and with a kiss we were officially married!
- Wedding party and family portraits, and my thoughts on missing pictures
- Our guests enjoyed cocktail hour while we took a few more photos
- Everyone ate a delicious dinner, and our siblings gave beautiful toasts
- We didn’t practice, but we had a very special and wonderful first dance as husband and wife
- I showed you some disposable camera pictures, which were totally worth it to include on our tables!
- I found a target and tossed my bouquet at her
- Mr. Cola finally managed to find my garter under my dress and tossed it
- We fed each other cupcakes, and our guests swarmed our 6ft tall cupcake tower
- We stole some private moments together that our photographers documented
- All our guests had some fun taking pictures in our DIY fauxtobooth
- We enjoyed the rest of the evening with our guests
(Unless otherwise noted, all photos in this post were taken by the very talented photographers of Shoot Me Now Photography)