Happy New Year, hive!
Gray Wolves on New Year’s Eve
Sorry for a bit of an absence: like the lovely Miss Otter and Miss Manatee, I’ve gone and gotten a new job! If you recall from my intro post, this has been a while in the making and I’m super excited to finally be in a museum”¦but the timing, about a month before our wedding, is a bit stressful. Wolfman and I really relished our days off for the holidays, and lately I’ve been overcome with the desire to be married. Don’t get me wrong, that feeling has been there all along, but much of my time (and most of this blog) has been spent thinking about getting married, not being married. I thought I’d take a second and list out some of the reasons I’ve been looking forward to the days post nuptials:
- I will finally unsubscribe from Michaels’ constant emails.
- I won’t feel guilty for Scandal and Downton Abbey marathons, feeling like I should be doing “something for the wedding.”
- Saying the word “husband” instead of “fiance.” Being a wife instead of a fiancee or girlfriend.
- Welcoming back Doritos into my diet.
- Checking off the “married” box. With new job, I’ve had to fill out lots of paperwork for insurance and payroll and it’s been pretty annoying to have to fill out the “single” box mere days before I’ll change my name and status.
- Looking at Wolfman with a wedding band on. Hubba hubba.
- Someone else (coughWolfmancough) can do my taxes.
- We can start saving our money for something else.
- New monogram!
- All decisions are our decisions.
- Experiencing that intangible feeling of permanence I started to feel when we got engaged”¦times two.
Some of these things are silly, yes, but they all come together and just make me so excited for life after the big day. What about you guys—what things are you most looking forward to after your wedding day?