We got married, we took pictures, we danced, we ate. While in some ways it seems like it was all a happy blur, on the other hand I know I was present in every moment. And I love being able to remember that all this time later.
However, all good things must come to an end, and eventually our party was drawing to a close. To echo my walk down the aisle, our final song was Journey’s “Don’t Stop Believin'” as performed by the cast of Glee. I grabbed Mr. Lox and we tried to figure out how to dance to it.
As we danced, our guests started trickling out of the pavilion and past our coordinator and her assistant who were holding the ribbon wands I’d made for just this moment. Each person who’d made it this far grabbed a wand and lined up outside the gazebo in the late Sunday afternoon sunshine. And eventually, the song was over, and we followed the path out to where they were all waiting for us.
And as we rounded the corner and stepped into the gazebo, there they were. Our friends and loved ones, still every bit as excited as we were and sending us off with love.
And so we walked. We walked down the aisle for the very last time on our wedding day, still surrounded by joy and love.
And as we made it nearly to the end of the aisle, we shared one last kiss full of the joy we were feeling that day.
And that was it. It was the end of our day, but just the beginning of our love story. We did it!
*All pictures courtesy of Chad Lippiatt Photo
This may be how our day ended, but it isn’t the end of what I want to tell you, dear hive. I still want to show you the details of our day, and our gorgeous video. So our ending isn’t quite yet.
How did or will your wedding day end?
Miss a recap?
- Loxed and Loaded: The Fauxtobooth
- Loxed and Loaded: How Sweet It Is
- Loxed and Loaded: Just Get Dancey
- Loxed and Loaded: Come What May
- Loxed and Loaded: It’s a Beautiful Day!
- Loxed and Loaded: After the Ceremony
- Loxed and Loaded: Surprise!
- Loxed and Loaded: The Ceremony
- Loxed and Loaded: Journey of a Lifetime
- Loxed and Loaded: And We Wait”¦
- Loxed and Loaded: Safely to Shore
- Loxed and Loaded: It’s the Little Things
- Loxed and Loaded: Don’t Mess with the Dress
- Loxed and Loaded: Our First Look
- Loxed and Loaded: Dressed At Last
- Loxed and Loaded: Guys Get Gussied Up
- Loxed and Loaded: Hair and Makeup
- Loxed and Loaded: First, There Was Chaos
- Loxed and Loaded: Setting the Mood