Rustic Wedding Reception
All photos are thanks to Amilia Photography, unless otherwise noted.
After hearing some totally hilarious toasts, and starting the party on the dance floor, Mr. Blue Moon and I took a break to visit with some of our guests who didn’t want to get in on the dancing. Knowing that not everyone in our family is a big dancer, I planned to have several different spaces around our reception venue where every guest would feel comfortable. I’m so excited to share some more of these reception details with you!
Aside from the dance floor and dinner tables, we had benches and rocking chairs set up on the two porches for our older guests to relax and enjoy the great outdoors. We also set up sofas and alternative seating areas inside for people who wanted to watch the dancing.
Bridesmaid E and our flower girl utilize the lounge seating area for more dancing.
In the South, conversation is definitely a form of art, and it was so lovely to get to visit with all of our extended family and friends, and to see people from all areas of our lives to meet each other and start to form new connections!
MOH K finally gets to meet my uncle from Florida.
My grandmother, Mr. Blue Moon’s grandmother, and my high school debate coach are all introduced. They hit it off right away!
My college debate team and I demonstrate our bear claws.
Apart from our indoor spaces giving our guests plenty of room to talk, visit, and mingle, we also planned a beautiful outdoor set-up where our guests could hang out and play.
We used the back patio to set up custom cornhole boards created by Mr. Blue Moon’s mom, and they were a huge hit with guests young and old!
Aside from our little game station, we also set up a s’mores station outside around one of the fire pits for guests who wanted to make their s’mores favor as an after-dinner snack.
Video still from Straosphere Videography
I’m really glad that we came up with something for everybody at our wedding reception. Our guests, even the ones who don’t like dancing, ended up lingering for several hours, and everybody told us after the fact about what a great time they had. With only the bouquet and garter toss left to do, our wedding day was finally coming to a close!
Did you miss a Blue Moon recap?
- My girls and I indulge in some R&R.
- We have a fancy bridesmaids’ luncheon.
- We rehearse, eat, and forget to take pictures.
- I get ready with my girls.
- My dad and I pretend like we are not the most awkward people on the planet.
- We have the hottest first look of all time.
- Our wedding party takes a hike.
- We share all the little details.
- My inner diva comes out.
- We wait impatiently.
- The family and bridesmaids walk.
- I walk down the aisle without embarrassing myself (too much).
- We begin our ceremony with some laughs.
- Our best man saves the day.
- We seal it with a kiss.
- We take advantage of the Tennessee twilight.
- We take a turn about the dance floor.
- We honor our parents with a dance.
- We cut the cake.
- We are toasted.
- The party begins.