Mr Corn’s younger brother got engaged a few months before we did and he married his wife this past December 30. Since we didn’t want any of our plans to interfere or overshadow their wedding, we kind of laid low while we were making all of our preliminary plans for our wedding.
Considering our guest list (of which not a single person is from Rhode Island), with the fact that the wedding was going to take place during ‘season’, we realized we would need to get out our save-the-dates as soon as possible. It was all I could do not to just hand them out at Mr Corn’s brother’s reception!! (I mean, how much harm could it have been? Half of those people were invited to our wedding too!!) Below is a scan of our official save-the-date that went out in the mail the second weekend in January 2007.
The cards are 6″ x 4.25″. I am making our invitations out of Paper Source’s 12×12 sapphire stardream cardstock. The invitations will be 6″x6″ square folders with an enclosure pocket on the inside left panel. The save-the-dates were made from the scrap left from the 12×12 cardstock once I folded and cut it all to size.
I printed the save-the-dates, invitations and response cards in dark chocolate brown ink all on one sheet of Paper Source’s Luxe Cream 8 1/2″ x 11″ paper and cut them all to size as well. The lobster is a stamp I found at A.C. Moore…although I realized after making all of the save-the-dates that I could have just printed the lobster myself on the paper!
Now if you are smarter than me, you have already figured out that by using the scrap from the invitations for the save-the-dates, that meant I was forced to cut all of the invitations prior to even sending out the save-the-dates!! This created a lovely wedding weekend scenario this past December wherein Mr. Corn and I were sitting up at all hours of the night before his brother’s wedding cutting paper on the hotel room floor. Perhaps you can learn from this lesson.