When my family friend said he was building a portfolio for his new videography business, and wanted to use us Sews as guinea pigs, you better believe we were excited!
Ross was super professional, and one of the quickest, most attentive responders of all our vendors and friendors. He asked us repeatedly for our input, things we liked, didn’t like, songs, etc.—but I tried to stay vague! After all, I wouldn’t want to weird-it-up with some wacky request for synchronized light saber fights.
But you know what? Even without any direction from me, I think he captured our spirit perfectly. Check out our highlights video:
Video by Ross Wedding Films
First reaction I had:
“Awesome song, what is it?” Answer: White Dress by Ben Rector.
First reaction Mr. Sew had—“Is that a giggle I hear after our “salute”? BWAHAHAHA”
Anyway, the full-length video is just as awesome, and I’m so thankful for all the time Ross and his sister (who was second-shooting) put into our lifetime keepsake!
And with that, I think I’ve covered just about everything from our crazy Hawaiian wedding. It was a fast-paced whirlwind of laughter and fun, and to ask for a better day would not only be incredibly selfish, but pretty much impossible! Thanks so much for helping us make it what it was, and for allowing me to share the results with you!
Up next: a quick look at another crazy party—our second reception!
Our wedding week in review:
- We took care of some last minute DIY details, and officialized everything.
- We vacationed with our out-of-towners, and threw a yummy welcome beach brunch.
- Mr. Sew saluted an angry dragon during our wedding rehearsal, and we sniffed at our dinner.
- Wal-Mart crashed my bachelorette.
- The women magically transformed, and Mr. Sew tied me into our dress.
- There was a windy photo shoot on the beach, and then we hung out at the chapel in flat shoes.
- We marched to the altar and got married.
- Everyone was camera-happy.
- Reception time! A bustle for our first dance, and then it was time to eat.
- I wore a kimono, and then fed some lions.
- We tried a bouquet pull, which didn’t go as planned. Coincidentally, neither did our cake feeding.
- Everyone yelled banzai before Rick-rolling on the dance floor.
- Details: ceremony and reception