Sparkler Wedding Exit
Y’all, for this final recap post, we are officially back down to guest photos only. I thought I’d be OK with booking our photographer with just a partial package and not have her for the whole reception, and now I really wish I had those pictures…but more on that later! For now, I’m overjoyed to share the pictures that we DO have of the end of our reception, and wedding day.
As our guests began to mosey out, and it was down to a more intimate gathering of maybe 20 or 30 people, I started to feel super tired. Although we had our reception venue until midnight and we hadn’t dreamed of wanting to leave early, Mr. Blue Moon and I low-key sent each other “Can we leave now?” signals and told our wedding planner that we were ready for our last dance of the night.
I tried my very hardest to keep our playlist cheese free, but I did indulge my cheesier whims with “I Won’t Give Up” by Jason Mraz for this final dance.
As Mr. Blue Moon and I were off in our little world, our planner was handing out sparklers and giving our remaining guests directions for our sparkler exit. Our DJ faded from our last dance to the song we chose for our exit, and before we knew it, Mr. Blue Moon and I were running through this line of sparklers on either side, hugging our parents, and making a beeline for Mr. Blue Moon’s car.
Despite how tired we were, we made it to our hotel, where Mr. Blue Moon had champagne and chocolates waiting for us. We toasted a successful wedding day, noshed on the chocolates, and were delighted to find that our planner was thoughtful enough to pack us a to-go box of reception food.
All told, our reception lasted from about 5:00 until 9:00. Since we had to wake up for our flight to Cozumel for our honeymoon at 4:00 the next morning (zero out of ten, do not recommend), we turned in early enough to meet MOH K at 4:30 so she could take us to the airport.
Here we are on our first day as married people! A short flight later, we were sitting pretty on the beach drinking piña coladas and already reminiscing with each other about our wonderful day full of family and friends, laughs and happy tears, and memories for a lifetime.
The Blue Moon wedding from start to finish:
- My girls and I indulge in some R&R.
- We have a fancy bridesmaids’ luncheon.
- We rehearse, eat, and forget to take pictures.
- I get ready with my girls.
- My dad and I pretend like we are not the most awkward people on the planet.
- We have the hottest first look of all time.
- Our wedding party takes a hike.
- We share all the little details.
- My inner diva comes out.
- We wait impatiently.
- The family and bridesmaids walk.
- I walk down the aisle without embarrassing myself (too much).
- We begin our ceremony with some laughs.
- Our best man saves the day.
- We seal it with a kiss.
- We take advantage of the Tennessee twilight.
- We take a turn about the dance floor.
- We honor our parents with a dance.
- We cut the cake.
- We are toasted.
- The party begins.
- The party continues.
- We figure out who’s next to wed.
*all photos provided by our guests