While you’re planning your wedding, people will tell you over and over how fast it will go by. Sure, you’ll vow to take the time to eat and say hello to everyone and really be present, but in the end the day will still be one big blur of excitement. As I recap our wedding, I’m reminded of just how fast it all happened.
After our awesome family dance, we immediately went back to our tables for speeches and dinner. I don’t have transcripts of our MOH’s and best man’s speeches, but they nailed it.
And then we chowed!
I sadly don’t have any pictures of the buffet, but it was awesomely yummy. But then again, you can’t really go wrong with lobster and steak.
We really wanted to get some sunset photos in, which meant food was pretty much scarfed in between chatting with our awesome bridal party. About halfway through our meal, Abbey came and told us that we were getting close to that magical perfect lighting time of day. We chugged our champagne, scarfed the rest of our lobster, and then made a dash for the sand!
Where I bravely climbed up to the top of a lifeguard chair in a gown:
And dipped my toes in the ocean:
Made my new husband carry me:
And also decided to try this little veil shot I saw on Pinterest and through Mrs. Whale. When I told the girls to hop under my veil, they looked at me like I was crazy. I told them that it would either be super awesome or super ridiculous, but we were going to just go for it and see what happened. Luckily, I love how it turned out! (They kind of look like my harem, don’t they?)
We frolicked in the water:
And the boys goofed around:
And when we returned to our little venue in the sand, we saw the wonderful gift Momma & Auntie Rucksack left us:
And after a perfect sunset on a perfect day, we finally got the party started for real!
(All photos by Abigail Scott unless otherwise noted)
- I have ALL the feelings
- I admit that wedding planning kind of sucks
- We run a million errands
- We practice how it’s gonna go down
- We have a big fat Italian rehearsal dinner
- A little rain won’t get me down!
- The girls get pretty
- The guys do whatever guys do
- I hang out in the hotel bathroom and make a bunch of bouquets
- I get my bride on!
- We exchange kisses and gifts during our first look
- I’m a runaway bride
- The bridal party processes and the ring bearer gets distracted
- I take my final steps as a single lady (and get stuck on a rose bush along the way!)
- We kick off the ceremony with some sweet words from The Princess Bride
- We share our love story and get our hands blessed
- We do!
- We miss cocktail hour for the sake of family photos
- We get everybody to join our first dance