Wow, hive. Finally full circle, it’s been a year since my debut as a blogging bee. Happy New Year, indeed!
2010 proved a most excellent year for us, and I will always remember you all for being such a huge part of my life. You know, in that honest, sentimental-yet-still-slightly-creepy fashion of virtual friendship. You welcomed me in, solved all my problems, sent me off, and welcomed married-me back again. You even shared your love with Mr. Sew, though the silly man remained too chicken to stop lurking and create an account. And know that I hold you responsible for giving him the biggest ego ever, seriously.
But now that the wedding is over and re-capped, it’s time for us Sews to go back to the underground we came from. Who knows what’s in store for us next, but God willing, we’ll be hand-in-hand to explore, tackle, chew on, and sew together whatever-it-may-be.
Before I go, I wanted to share my very favorite wedding picture of the day. Which, oddly, is most definitely not Mr. Sew’s favorite picture.
|(Photo by Terra Photography)|
If you need us odd-balls for anything, you can find our post-wedding blog here at Sakacon.com. We love friends, new or old!
Hive, thank you for all the support, advice, commiserating, ideas, and love you have shown both of us this past year. I wish you all the best joy and blessings in your own marriages!
Our wedding, recapped:
- We took care of some last minute DIY details, and officialized everything.
- We vacationed with our out-of-towners, and threw a yummy welcome beach brunch.
- Mr. Sew saluted an angry dragon during our wedding rehearsal, and we sniffed at our dinner.
- Wal-Mart crashed my bachelorette.
- The women magically transformed, and Mr. Sew tied me into our dress.
- There was a windy photo shoot on the beach, and then we hung out at the chapel in flat shoes.
- We marched to the altar and got married.
- Everyone was camera-happy.
- Reception time! A bustle for our first dance, and then it was time to eat.
- I wore a kimono, and then fed some lions.
- We tried a bouquet pull, which didn’t go as planned. Coincidentally, neither did our cake feeding.
- Everyone yelled banzai before Rick-rolling on the dance floor.
- Details: ceremony and reception
- Our wedding movie!
- Honeymoon in Japan: Parts 1, 2, 3, 4
- Back at home! Reception Part 1 & 2