OK, no more dwelling on my bad PWC, it’s time to get back to the recaps!
To let everyone know that cocktail hour was over, one of our groomsmen (who had volunteered to MC) announced that everyone should find their seats, and that salad was going to be served.
Mr. Cola and I finally had a chance to sit down at the head table with our wedding party, and rest our feet.
Once everyone was done with their salad, the waitstaff excused each table to head up to the buffet. There was no way we weren’t going to eat on our wedding day, so we headed up to get our food first, followed by the rest of the guests.
And our photographers got a few shots of our families at their tables.
After everyone had had a chance to get food from the buffet, it was time for the toasts. Mr. Cola’s best man/brother went first, and it was a funny and heartfelt toast.
Then it was my MOH/sister’s turn. Her toast was equally as wonderful, but thankfully not quite as long! 😉 This was one portion of the evening that I really wished we’d gotten professional video of, to help us remember the beautiful toasts. All I have is a warm fuzzy memory of what was actually said, but they were both beautiful!
After a couple more people said a few words, it was time for Mr. Cola and I to circulate. We tried to go to each table, so we would have the opportunity to speak to everyone at our wedding. Our DOC actually made a really good suggestion: visit with the people you see less often first. This was a great tip, because we only ended up having time to visit with all our family (except my cousins), and not with our friends until later in the evening.
(Mr. Cola showing off his new carbon fiber and tungsten ring)
After visiting with our family, dinner time was over, which meant that it was time for our first dance as husband and wife, coming up next!
Are you planning on allocating time to try to speak to each of your wedding guests?
Miss any wedding week details? Catch up here:
- I packed an emergency bag that saved my dress
- We had a crazy 4 days prepping for house guests and stuffing favors
- Shopping for a ton of wedding flowers to arrange ourselves
- Mr. Cola drinks a 40 and I have a night out on the town for our low-key bach parties
- A day of DIYing flower arrangements
- I kicked off our official recaps with my #1 wedding tip
- We began the weekend festivities with a sunset cruise for our wedding party
- We rehearsed our quick and easy ceremony
- I panicked, but we got our rehearsal dinner decorations set up just in time
- Our families met for the first time at our rehearsal dinner under the trees
- What went wrong on our wedding day, and my tips for future brides
- My bridesmaids and I got our hair and makeup done in the hotel suite
- I put on my wedding dress and became a bride
- The guys watched the World Cup, then got ready in 10 minutes
- Traffic delayed our decorations getting to the venue, and I almost ruined our first look
- We got to see each other for the first time on our wedding day at our first look
- We took some time for bride and groom pictures in the park
- I gave you a behind the scenes look at our family, friends and DOC setting up our venue
- Arriving at our venue and getting ready for the ceremony to start
- Everyone walked down the aisle
- Excerpts from our ceremony, and reading the vows we wrote for each other
- I interrupted our officiant, we exchanged rings, and with a kiss we were officially married!
- Wedding party and family portraits, and my thoughts on missing pictures
- Our guests enjoyed cocktail hour while we took a few more photos
(Unless otherwise noted, all photos in this post were taken by the very talented photographers of Shoot Me Now Photography)