While we were making sure everything was legal, our guests were lining up to get some of this yumminess:
We hired Diane Bartley to cater our event. Her home is only a few minutes away from our tent location which was key since the tent had no kitchen or water. Our menu was carefully designed so that everything could travel well since it would be all made off-site. She, and the food, was absolutely fantastic.
She also allowed my mother (who is an avid gardener) to bring in her own fresh herbs and vegetables to incorporate into the dishes. Yum.
Our menu included the following:
- Marinated, Grilled Chicken with a Tomato & Onion Concasse
- Sirloin Tips sautéed with Onions, Mushrooms & Peppers
- Spinach Lasagna with Freshly Grated Parmesan
- Mediterranean Orzo Salad with Fresh Vegetables & Feta Cheese
- Caprese Salad with Fresh Basil Tossed in a Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Oven Roasted Red Potatoes with Sea Salt & Fresh Rosemary
- Summer Squash & Zucchini Medley with Garlic & Fresh Herbs
- Yeast Rolls & Oatmeal Molasses Bread
While our guests were eating, Glossy MOH gave her speech.
We’d been friends for 10+ years at this point so there was a lot of good memories to reflect on—including how we still talk on Thursday mornings early in the AM and call it ‘Locker Talk’ (we shared a locker in high school).
I laughed, and I cried… she’s the best.
Mr. Gloss’s brother (and best man) gave his speech next.
Parts of it were pretty amusing. When Mr. Gloss laughs really hard it sounds like he’s going to choke—this was one of those times…
Then, we got down to the good stuff—THE CAKE!
If you remember, my dad made the cake stands, I made the two cakes on the side and the top 2 tiers of the center one out of Styrofoam – the bottom layer was real and made by my mom. My aunt and grandmother frosted and decorated the cakes that morning.
I thought it appropriate to annotate the photos below:
1. Me: Give me the knife, you don’t know how to do it right. Him : We have to do it together.
2. Me: You’re wrong, I’ll do it.
3. Me : You better not smash this in my face, no seriously. (Look at that smirk on his face.)
4. He’s still smirking.
… and, he fed me nicely.
Look no mess!
So I fed him nicely.
Up Next : Dance the Night Away
- Nearly Nautical Nuptials : The Glossy Gals Get Ready
- Nearly Nautical Nuptials : Putting on my Party Dress
- Nearly Nautical Nuptials : The Glossy Guys Get Ready
- Nearly Nautical Nuptials : The Glossy Gift Exchange
- Nearly Nautical Nuptials : The First Look
- Nearly Nautical Nuptials : Wedding Party Photos
- Nearly Nautical Nuptials : A Few Moments Alone
- Nearly Nautical Nuptials : Anchors Away!
- Nearly Nautical Nuptials : The Shortest Walk of My Life
- Nearly Nautical Nuptials : A Few Special Words
- Nearly Nautical Nuptials : Pop That Cork!
- Nearly Nautical Nuptials : Martinis, Munchies, Mingling and Martha
- Nearly Nautical Nuptials : Back on Land
- Nearly Nautical Nuptials : The Reception Space
- Nearly Nautical Nuptials : For the First Time Ever….