Wedding Packing List for Destination Wedding
I like making lists. I used to carry around a small Moleskin notebook exclusively filled with them: items to buy at the grocery store, texts to read before next grad class, errands to run on the weekend, things to do during the week. I love making lists and then crossing things off.
Needless to say, I have a lot of wedding-related lists shared on Google Docs. Most of the items are crossed off. We’ve booked all of our vendors. We’ve paid all of our deposits. We’ve finished all of our projects. The only thing left to do is make our wedding packing list and pack! I always make a packing list and lay all of the items out before I put them in a suitcase. It might take more time to pack this way, but doing so means that I won’t forget anything important.
Here’s an example of my packing method before the 2009 Boston Marathon.
Because we have a destination wedding, we really need to make sure that we don’t forget anything important. Vegas is about a four-hour drive on a good day from our home. If we forget the rings or the place cards or the programs, we can’t just turn around and get them. So our second bedroom has been turned into a packing staging ground. Items are separated into different wedding related categories: ceremony, reception, hotel room, rehearsal, etc. We even have one of my whiteboards set up to keep track of the wedding packing list!
Just a small collection of the things that are coming with us to Vegas!
Here’s our official wedding packing list:
- Bride’s Wedding Attire: wedding dress, crystal belt, blue underwear, blush heels, gold flats, hair comb, pearl and crystal earrings, pearl necklaces, engagement ring, wedding band, ivory cardigan with pearl buttons, “something old,” “something borrowed,” silk clutch
- Groom’s Wedding Attire: J. Crew suit and vest, black dress shoes, dress socks, white undershirt, boxers, tie, tie clip, wedding ring
- Bride’s Getting Ready: robe, wedding dress hanger, perfume, sewing kit and safety pins, breath mints
- Bride’s Toiletries: Warby Parkers, lots of extra contacts, contact solution, contact case, makeup, face wash and lotion, nail file, nail polish, nail polish remover, curling iron, shampoo and conditioner, electric toothbrush and toothpaste, razors, deodorant, body wash, mouthwash, brush
- Groom’s Toiletries: glasses, face wash and lotion, nail clippers, shaving kit, electric toothbrush, body wash
- Ceremony: marriage license, extra copies of readings on note cards, programs, multiple copies of VOWS
- Reception: candles, vases, framed photos, photo mat guestbook, photo mat guestbook sign, silver Sharpies, place cards, favors, seating chart and instructions
- Miscellaneous: joint account checkbook, joint account credit card, digital cameras (2), prescription sunglasses (2), parents’ gifts, “bridesmaid” gifts, “groomsmen” gifts, extra suitcases, thank you notes
- Bride’s Clothes: jeans, blazer (2), lace top, lace tank and undershirt, rehearsal dinner dress, green flats, cream and black heels, black sweater, tank tops, shorts, strapless bra, bra, underwear, lingerie, black purse, jewelry
- Groom’s Clothes: jeans, button-downs, blazer and slacks, tie, T-shirts, red wings, boxers, socks
How does my list look? What’s on your wedding packing list?
- Los Angeles/Las Vegas
- Test Prep Instructor
- Wedding Date:
- January 2012
- Wynn Las Vegas/Bouchon Bistro