At approximately 10:30pm, two things happened. First, the band took a break. And second, my bustle broke.
Honestly, I was expecting the bustle to break. The alterations seamstress told me that no matter what she did, there was a good chance it would break. (At least she warned me, right?) So mom and I ran off to the bathroom to MacGyver a new bustle. While we were in there, the “band break playlist” that Mr. Whale and I had made started to play. And one of the first songs was “Piano Man”.
Now, one thing you need to know about Mr. Whale is that he loves karaoke. And he loves to sing “Piano Man” at karaoke. So when I heard someone steal a mic from the band and start singing along with “Piano Man,” I just knew it was Mr. Whale. And of course I wanted to hear him sing. So there I am nervously jumping up and down in the restroom asking, “Is it fixed yet? Is it fixed yet?” while Mama Whale tries to fix the bustle.
Finally, we fix the bustle, and I run back into the room. And I find”¦my MOH’s boyfriend on stage! She had told me he could sing, but Dang! I mistook him for my own husband!!
MOH’s bf on the left. My brother on the right.
It wasn’t long before my brother took the stage along with MOH’s bf. And from there, things got pretty intense, pretty fast.
I’d like to point out that he was singing into the photobooth prop mic, even though a real mic was there
Once Mr. Whale figured out what was going on, he had to get in on the action.
My brother, who had briefly abandoned the stage, saw that things were getting pretty epic, so he ran (literally ran) and leapt (literally leapt) onto the stage in time for one of the last choruses.
Note the tie still in motion from the leap.
They rocked out pretty hard for the last few minutes of the song. I think it’s pretty clear that they were enjoying themselves.
It was certainly one of the best moments of the night.
Did you have any good sing-a-longs at your wedding?
*All “photos” are stills from our wedding video. Thanks to Edwin Hammond of Hammond Studios for the fabulous footage.
If you missed any part of this whale of a tale, get caught up here. Previously”¦
- My underwear was nabbed by the underwear bandit.
- We did last minute errands in Atlanta, then drove to Blairsville, where I had an emotional moment in the courthouse getting our marriage license.
- I got emotional at our rehearsal. Then it was off to bed, where my Ambien caused some unexpected weirdness.
- I awoke on my wedding day, and headed off to get ready with my bridesmaids (and give them some gifts!)
- My braided hairstyle was everything I ever dreamed of.
- After putting on my veil, it was time to head over to where I was getting married!!
- The bridesmaids got dressed, and then I got dressed!!
- I showed off my accessories, which featured turquoise tights, a fab hair flower, and a bright pink crinoline!
- The bridesmaids and I took some super fun photos, and then I took some solo shots. And then the guys got in on the photo fun.
- I squealed with excitement over our wedding video sneak peek.
- The girls feasted on snacks while the guys panicked.
- We processed in, and Mike began our ceremony. We said our vows (which were written on our manatee cards), exchanged rings, and Mr. Whale sang a special song.
- I hugged some people, even though I felt awkward. Then we moved on to family photos.
- The wedding party posed, jumped, and ran! Mr. Whale and I took some pictures together.
- We kicked the reception off with some Montell Jordan and Van Halen! Then we chowed down on dinner and cake.
- We heard some musical toasts and then toasts from my dad, the best man, and the maid of honor. Then Mr. Whale and I put on a special performance of our own.
- We swayed to our Get Up Kids first dance. Then we opened up the dance floor.
- Our guests loved the photobooth and the mad libs.