Here’s an overview on what we’re looking for in a bee!
Writing for Weddingbee is a little different than writing for your own personal blog. When you blog for yourself, you can write about whatever’s on your mind. That’s a great thing for a personal blog! But it doesn’t work as well on a more audience-centric site like Weddingbee.
We’ve noticed that a lot of personal wedding blogs share certain characteristics:
- a personal, diary-like tone and writing style; incohesive entries
- personal planning stories that do not engage or involve the audience
- to-do lists and checking items off your to-do list
- ranting posts about FI’s, in-laws, bridesmaids, and vendors
These sorts of posts don’t tend to work as well on Weddingbee, where you’ll be writing for a community of brides-to-be looking for wedding ideas and inspiration. For this reason, we’re looking for specific types of posts:
- posts that are interesting and relevant to brides/weddings
- pictures, pictures, and more pictures on ideas and inspiration.
- research about vendors, products, services, etc.
- DIY projects and tutorials on how to execute them
Before applying to Weddingbee, please think about whether or not you’d enjoy writing more audience-focused blog posts. It’s not for everyone, as it’s a different kind of writing. But if you like to help people, then it can be deeply rewarding. 🙂
If this sounds like the kind of writing you’d have fun doing, please send us your application along with the information found here. If you’re a good fit for the hive, you’ll be a buzzing, blogging bee in no time!