Winery Wedding Playlist
Mrs. Penguin is kicking off our Real Wedding Playlists series with her winery wedding playlist for cocktail hour and dinner. Classic Italian crooner vibes all around! Got a playlist you’d like us to feature? Check out the details here and at the bottom of this post.
Type of playlist: Cocktail hour and dinner
The vibe: We asked Mr. Penguin’s brother Paul for a little help picking out some songs with an “Italian-American” vibe to play during dinner at our reception, since the winery we were getting married at had a Tuscan theme. We thought Paul would be the expert to turn to since he has both a love for music, and a love for Italy. It didn’t all have to be sung by Italian Americans, but we wanted the music to all fall in the same genre. Rather than shove a couple ideas our way, he sat down and made this amazing comprehensive list (with notes!), and I thought I’d share it with all of you in case you’re looking for similar music…because even if you’re not getting married at a Tuscan winery, Sinatra is always in vogue!
What did you want your guests to feel when they heard the music at your wedding? A little bit of ’50s lounge vibe, with mostly songs that everyone—young and old—would recognize (and could sing along to).
What songs/artists were on your playlist?
- Funiculi Funicula – There’s a 3 Tenors version of this, or at least Pavarotti that’s good, a must have.
- Tu Vuo’ Fa L’Americano – The Talented Mr. Ripley version is by Adriano Celentano, who’s huge in Italy now, but I think the original is by Renato Carosone.
- Bella Notte – This is the song from Lady and the Tramp when they eat spaghetti.
- Eh Cumpari – Julius LaRosa, this one still gets the little kids in Italy going.
- Swinging on a Star – Bing Crosby, probably Bing’s best, swingingest song
- Play a Simple Melody – Bing Crosby
- Beyond the Sea & Mack the Knife – I’m not sure he’s Italian, but both theseBobby Darin songs are great.
… read more