Meanwhile, at the Marriott around the corner…
…the guys were also getting glam.
No one was more excited about putting on his tuxedo than my godson/our ring bearer, B. He’s a rough-and-tumble little guy who also loves to dress up. His mom told me that he asked to try on his suit several times in the months leading up to the wedding just to make sure it fit. He was beyond thrilled to put it on for real that morning and hang out with the “big guys,” especially his new godfather.
The guys ate bagels while watching the Ryder Cup, and a few bow-tie adjustments later, they were ready to roll.
One of the benefits of having our wedding in downtown Chicago was that the guys could just walk to the chapel. I’m sure it was quite a sight for tourists roaming River North to see a group of guys all dressed up in tuxedos accompanied by a photographer.
Half a mile and 10 minutes later, they arrived to a small crowd of paparazzi-like wedding guests outside the chapel.
Then, they headed inside to await the arrival of the beautiful bride (if I do say so myself) so they could get this show on the road.
All photos by Andrew Collings Photography
Miss a Treasure recap? Catch up!
- Practice Makes Perfect – Our rehearsal
- Hitting Rock Bottom – Our rehearsal dinner and too many butterflies
- Hair, Makeup, and Broken Mirrors – I get ready with my girl friends
- All Dressed Up – I become a bride
- The Somethings – Old, new, borrowed, blue
- Law Student
- Wedding Date:
- September 2012
- Saint James Chapel at Quigley Prep/Murphy Auditorium