After dinner, toasts, and cake-cutting, it was time for the kids-and-parents dances.
I had decided on “My Girl” for my dad and me, after some initial confusion.
It was pretty fun, as dad sang a lot to me and twirled me around a bit.
Mr. Ladyfingers had chosen “Stand by Me” for him and his mom.
I’m pretty sure she cried at least a couple of times.
Photos by Shorts Shots Photography
- We made final preparations, visited with family members, rehearsed, and ate a miniature Mr. Ladyfingers
- The girls and I got gussied up and headed out to the venue
- I got all verklempt, the people took their places, and I waited quietly, alone
- We kinda got a little married
- We stood for portraits
- We twirled together as man and wife to the most perfect song there is
- We ate, toasted, cut cake, and prepared to party
- Saint Petersburg, FL
- Marketing Manager
- Wedding Date:
- November 2011
- Palma Sola Botanical Park