Our reception had finally come to an end. After hours of smiling, happy tears, dancing, eating, and love—it was time for one last dance and a grand, sparkly exit.
I don’t remember how it happened that all the remaining guests ended up outside, but one minute we were hugging on the dance floor and the next minute the CBBC staff came to usher us along for our sparkler exit. Everyone had managed to get their sparklers lit at the same time and were waiting for us:
Suddenly we were off! With lots of cheering and shouting from everyone, Mr. Guinea Pig and I stepped out, walked through the lane of sparklers and hopped into the waiting limo to speed off into the night.
It was one of the best days of my life thus far—every day I wake up thankful that Mr. Guinea Pig and I are married, and thankful to our friends and family for all their love. Everything came together beautifully, and we had the time of our lives! 16.5 months, immeasurable planning + crafting hours, and 118 blog posts later, this journey has finally come to an end.
And thus, my wonderful fellow bees and readers, it’s time for me to sign off.
I can’t thank you enough for all the laughter, encouragement, and advice you have shared with me over the past many months. This has been an amazing experience, and I’m so glad you all gave me the chance to share our story with you. You’ve been there with me as I explained how we met, and waited patiently while I waded my way through many (many, MANY) dress choices. You helped me decide on everything from shuttles for the guests, to name change dilemmas, to our favors and my hair color. You cheered me on as I made the ties, clutches, escort flowers and umpteen million other projects (veil! programs! OOT bags!).
So most of all, I want to say thank you one more time for your support. I hope if nothing else, I was at least good for a laugh or an eye roll. 🙂
And if you’re not quite sick of this Guinea Pig yet, you can scurry on over to my personal blog, Notes from the Bench, and say hello!
(The only photo on my camera of us in our wedding getup – snapped when we got back to the hotel and still couldn’t believe we had just gotten married) *personal photo
*** All photos in this post copyright Amy Deputy Photography ***
Miss something in the Guinea Pig recaps? Far Beyond Forever:
- A photo summary of our wedding
- Practice makes perfect (Rehearsal)
- Crabs and Crying (Rehearsal Dinner
- Friends get gorgeous-er (Girls get ready)
- I get Bride-ified (Miss GP gets ready)
- Guys get Dressed in 0.5 Seconds (Boys get ready)
- Our First Look
- A Guinea Pig Photo shoot (portraits of the GPs)
- Countdown to the Ceremony (ready, set, go!)
- Veil away, veil away (walking down the aisle)
- The Ceremony Begins (readings)
- Mr. and Mrs.! (vows, rings, etc)
- Family Love (our families)
- Wedding Party Portraits
- Toasts and Tears (beginning of the reception)
- Sunset and a Dance (first dance)
- Sugar High (cake cutting & parent dances)
- One last tradition, and a midnight snack (bouquet toss, milk & cookies!)
- Details and Favorites
- Baltimore, MD
- PhD student
- Wedding Date:
- May 2010
- The Chesapeake Bay Beach Club