Hi hive! Whew, what a day! The whole team has been poring over your feedback on the new site including on the boards and in the new Weddingbee Ideas page, and we wanted to send out an update!
In this all-new Weddingbee, our team set out to build a new site from scratch. We’ve been working off of an old site and patchwork system initially built many moons ago, and as the site grew its sections, many of the parts of the site were functioning on different platforms, separately from each other. (For instance, ever notice how on the old site you had a different profile and activity for support.weddingbee.com, boards.weddingbee.com, bios.weddingbee.com, etc?) This was REALLY difficult to manage, and so we made a big decision to take it all under one umbrella, and that meant…starting over!
Most glaringly, on the boards, many of you have pointed out that there were features on the old boards that you so dearly miss. We do plan on bringing many of the features that you so loved back – some in the same form you were used to, some slightly newer, more functional and updated ways. Here is a short list of what we plan to update within the next couple weeks:
- We’re bringing back the outline around the Original Poster (OP) in threads! You should see this feature built out on the new boards soon.
- The “Related Posts” box that currently lives above “Leave a Comment” will move BELOW the Comment box, so that you can better see and access commenting on threads.
- Many reported the fact that showing a preview image on the boards wasn’t ideal – especially in the TTC boards, and causing potential slowdowns in mobile. We’ll move toward setting the default to NOT showing a preview image on the boards, and eventually make it an option to turn on if you choose. Our initial release will be to remove this though…for now!
- The new “Helpful” thumbs up button isn’t completely functional. When this turns on, you should be able to thumbs up posts you find helpful, and see a count for helpful posts. This is particularly nice when you like what someone has to say, but don’t feel like leaving a comment to that effect.
- All Private Messages are currently showing as unread, regardless of whether you’ve read them or not. This was a bug in the transfer over to the new PM system, and this should be fixed soon, so that the unread post count accurately reflects only the messages you have that are truly unread.
There are more upcoming features to be released on Weddingbee, some we’re building that mimic old functionality, and some that are all-new! If a feature is important to you that you’d like to see (old, or new!), please post it to our new IDEAS FORUM, or vote for it if it’s already been proposed, so we can get a really good idea of what’s most important to you as we continue to make updates to the site. This is the best place to get your voice heard and your vote counted, as we take these comments in with us when meet to discuss features.
As for what we’re working on RIGHT this moment, the login issue many of you were experiencing is now largely fixed, and we’re working on resolving privacy issues related to username changes and deletion requests.
Thank you for joining us on our first day of the all-new Weddingbee, and we’ll continue to work hard to bring you exciting new updates and features to make your Weddingbee experience better than ever!
Pengy and the Weddingbee Team