In the months leading up to our wedding day, I started dreaming about a flower petal aisle runner. A few weeks before the wedding, though, I admitted to all of you that I wasn’t sure I was going to finish the aisle runner in time.
Spoiler alert: I didn’t.
But I did get far enough along to write up some instructions in case you want to attempt this yourself!
- Fake flower petals (We ordered 12,000 for our 60-70 foot runner.)
- An aisle runner (The length/quality is up to you.)
- Tacky glue (We went through about 16 ounces of this on half of our runner.)
- Small brushes
- Plastic cup, bowl, or something to hold extra glue
- Time and patience (This is a long project! Half the runner took us around 15 hours.)
Step 1: Order your petals. Ours came from China and they took three to four weeks to come in, which was consistent with most of the other companies I found.