Once everything was designed on the computer, we basically had two options: send them off to a printer or attempt to print them ourselves. We had just purchased a new home printer after our save the date envelope fiasco, so we decided to give it a try to see if we could get the look we were going for before exploring other options. We printed a dozen or so samples, tweaking the print settings as we went. We ended up using the “Photo Quality” printing option, along with a number of color and saturation adjustments to get the look we wanted.
We were able to create an end result that was colorful and dreamy. Once we figured out how to create this look with our home printer, I went in search of the perfect paper. I went to my local Paperworks to touch everything look for the paper of my dreams. The woman there was very helpful and suggested a number of options, and she even let me take home a few samples to test it in the printer. I loved the super heavy weight stock, but I wasn’t sure our little home printer could handle it, but after a few test runs, I was pretty confident it would work.