Have you checked out Macy’s wedding registry site lately? It’s crammed full of awesome ideas and guides to creating your own personalized registry, like their home decorating style quiz to help you choose exactly the items you want! (Is your style “rustic,” “modern,” “traditional,” or “trendy”?) If you haven’t sat down with your spouse-to-be to hash out your style as a couple, do it now and avoid future surprises down the road when he or she surprises you with something for the house that’s SO not you.
You can get personalized expert advice online or at Macy’s Sip & Scan events, held nationwide, and enjoy cocktails and hors d’oeuvres while you fill in your registry with your FI. Check out their site to search and RSVP for an event in your zip code!
If you’re recently married, there’s no need for registry FOMO! Registered couples get to enjoy a 20% newlywed discount on registry items not purchased for up to six months after the wedding (so scan, scan, scan away)! Plus, they carry top brands like Kate Spade New York, Keurig, Martha Stewart Collection, and KitchenAid…what more could you want?
Learn more about all the great benefits of registering with Macy’s here (including getting exclusive gifts from your fave brands, not available anywhere else!).
Whether you’ve already started your Macy’s registry or are ready to start one now, you’ll be remiss if you don’t add these 10 things to your registry:
- Digital luggage scale – You’ll save yourself big $$ in checked bag fees at the airport if you have one of these handy. Make sure you’re staying under your airline’s weight limit with this easy-to-use hand scale.
- Luxurious bath robes – One for you, one for your fiance/e. You’ll practically LIVE in these on the weekends.
- Air Multiplier – Admit it: you’ve owned 5 fans that have broken over the years. Purchase the air multiplier that you’ll finally own for years and years, that doesn’t have scary rotating blades for your future babies to get their fingers caught in. The reviews don’t lie on this fan: it’s the best fan you’ll ever own.
- Catch-all storage bins (at least one for every room in the house!) – If you or your spouse-to-be is notoriously messy, these baskets will help keep you sane. Toss anything that’s cluttering up the room into it to instantly bring zen back. Then, make it a priority to empty out the baskets once a week and put everything back in its place, so important stuff doesn’t get buried and lost.
- Serving sets (WAYYYY more than you’ve probably already registered for) – Sure, you may have registered for a couple formal serving sets. Then you’ll host your first holiday gathering and realize that you’re not just serving a couple dishes. Over the years, I’ve bought 8 more serving spoons to accompany the two sets I registered for—enough to last us through appetizers, dinner, and dessert without having to wash and reuse them.
- Over the sink cutting board – this provides a quick and easy place to chop fruits and veggies while keeping your counters clean.
- Cordless vacuum – If you don’t register for one of these, you’ll curse yourself every time you have to drag the big vacuum out to suck up everyday small messes.
- #alltheattachments – Sure, you’ve got the Kitchen Aid mixer on your list, but don’t forget about all the cool accessories and attachments that are sold separately. Before buying extra electrics (like a food processor or juicer), check to see if there’s a KitchenAid attachment for it (there probably is).
- Airbed – Your in-laws will soon visit, and your old college futon isn’t gonna cut it. While you’re at it, make sure to buy a new set of sheets for your airbed, too.
- Mandoline slicer – chopping loads of veggies is way easier with a mandoline. Once you have one in your house, you’ll find yourself using it almost every day and will wonder how you lived without it.
Visit macys.com/registry today and say “I do” to their amazing gift registry.