Throughout wedding planning, the process has gone something like this:
- Miss Squid reviews the wedding checklist and identifies an item that needs to be completed.
- Miss Squid spends hours, if not days, researching the countless options for this one item, calling vendors and setting up meetings if necessary.
- Miss Squid spends more hours crunching all the numbers for all the various possibilities and playing budget Sudoku.
- Miss Squid spends even more hours creating an excel spreadsheet outlining all the potential prospects, ranking them by feasibility, cost, and general aesthetics.
- Miss Squid presents her analysis to Mr. S, either highlighting her favorite choice, or giving him a run down on the top three choices.
- Mr. S says, “OK.”
- Miss Squid receives Mr. S’s stamp of approval on the final choice and books / orders the item(s) in question, effectively completing the task on the wedding checklist.
- Miss Squid repeats step one and the process starts all over again from the beginning.