Back in 2010, when FSIL had just gotten engaged, I had the following conversation with Mr. Hammer just before Christmastime:
Me: You should give FSIL and J [her then-fiance, now-husband and GM!] a wedding website for Christmas!
Mr. Hammer: A…wedding website? Why would they need a website?
Me: *blank stare*
You have much to learn, young grasshopper. After educating Mr. Hammer on all the possibilities (accommodation info! back stories! photos!), he agreed with my assessment and gifted them with a total badass website.
(It should be noted—and Mr. Hammer often does so—that Mr. Hammer is not technically a web designer or coder. He’s a software engineer, which I guess among the coder world is something different. However, when he’s able to turn a screen like this:
Image via HTML Color Codes
For serious, this is what his computer screen looks like 90% of the time, even when he’s not at work. The other 10% of the time, he’s on Reddit and/or sports forums. But I’m in no position to tease—90% of the time, *my* computer screen is filled with Weddingbee and/or Reddit’s wedding planning forum.
…into a super-profesh website, I say, no matter what the difference in skill set is, Mr. Hammer clearly has more web coding knowledge than your average bear. And certainly more than I, a below-average bear when it comes to all things tech.)