As soon as the last notes of the father-daughter/mother-son dance wound down, James Taylors’ “How Sweet It Is” segued immediately into the beat of our first-dance partay song. And it was epic. You guys. Seriously.
I chose this song as the first “get your ass up off your chair and get onto the dance floor” song because I knew it would, well, do just that—get people up to dance. And I was right. As soon as those first few notes called people out to “dance, dance, dance, dance,” the dance floor was packed. And it stayed packed for the rest of the night. It was amazing. And sweaty. And loud. And people were splashing water everywhere. (WTF?! No idea.)
And I have never had more fun in my entire life.
Apparently “splashing” is now a thing with our group of friends whenever LMFAO’s “Party Rock” comes on. Thanks for starting that at our reception, guys.
I don’t know what any of the songs were in these pictures, so I’ll just let the awesome party people pictures do the talking.
People took breaks from the action to get in on our photo booth. I may have monopolized it a bit. Maybe.
But then it was immediately back to dancing! After a little chocolate cake break, of course.
Of course, my family had to take some more impromptu shots. Love my cousins and aunts!
This was, of course, during “Thriller.” Naturally.
More “Thriller.” I hope…
People got into the candy buffet.
Oh, and did I mention that people danced? Yeah. They danced.
Ha. I don’t know why I love that last guest shot so much. I think it just reminds me of how much fun people had and how crazy things got.
I was really happy that people were dancing right up until the DJ left and the lights came on. It was impressive—our friends and family know how to party.
Did people dance at your reception? Or were they more laid-back? What was your first dance-party song? Anyone else get attacked by splashing groomsmen?
- Recaps commenced. Sort of.
- I got over my dress regret.
- We made it official. Legally.
- I stressed out big time.
- We did some last-minute prep.
- We rehearsed.
- Our wedding day arrived!
- The little details fell into place.
- I got all gussied up.
- The guys got ready.
- We had a first look.
- Mr. CA and I took “formal” portraits.
- We took pictures on a dock.
- After some mishaps, we made it to the church.
- We walked down the aisle.
- We said our vows. Voila! Married.
- We took tons of family pictures.
- We relished our alone time.
- Our reception details were amazing.
- We did lots of hugging. And ate food.
- My sister memorized Shakespeare and we mangled our cake.
- I danced with my two guys.
**All photography by Sarah Rhoads Photography unless otherwise noted**
- Princeton Junction, NJ/ Seattle, WA
- Project Editor
- Wedding Date:
- August 2011
- St. Joseph's Parish, Seattle Tennis Club