After all of the formalities were over it was time to move on to the real party. As I mentioned before, Mr. Coyote and I wanted a rockin’ reception. We were not disappointed, and I am seriously amazed by how much time everyone spent on the dance floor.
Things started started out pretty calm:
Because our final guest count ended up smaller than planned, Franklin Plaza set up some high tops near the bar to fill out the space. It was a great spot for guests to grab a drink and watch the party that was unfolding.
At some point cake was served and pastries were brought out. By this time I actually was feeling a bit hungry and yet I didn’t even get to taste any of our desserts!
The reason I didn’t get to eat any cake? This guy right here:
Nate Miller of Conway Entertainment
I wanted so badly to have a slice of that delicious, delicious cake, but every time I sat down to take a bite a song would come on that I just had to dance to. By the time there was finally a lull in the music all of the plates had been cleared. 🙁 (Not to worry—there was PLENTY of cake left over and I may have had a few slices for breakfast the next morning. It was fantastic!)
And I have to admit it was worth missing out on a slice of cake to be a part of this:
Right before our photographers left they pulled Mr. Coyote and me aside for a quick photo shoot with Franklin Plaza’s amazing bank vault.
I love these photos so much. The ceremony was over, the reception was in full swing, and Mr. Coyote and I were just amped up on love and excitement. What a difference from our pre-ceremony photos!
Paul and Brenda had taken all of the footage they needed, so they bid us farewell and headed out. But not to worry…the party wasn’t over quite yet!
*All photos are by the fabulous Upstate Photographers unless otherwise noted.*
Miss a recap?
- I babble about being married and share our wedding video.
- We finish up some last-minute wedding tasks and pre-wedding jitters set in the day before the wedding.
- We practice getting married and then head to our rehearsal dinner where I shed my first tears of the weekend. We later wind down with our families back at the hotel.
- My bridesmaids get pretty and I get a special message from Mr. Coyote.
- I try to cope when things don’t go quite as planned, but thankfully I quickly bounce back and then it was time to become a bride. Meanwhile, Mr. Coyote was calm as a cucumber as he got ready with the dads and groomsmen.
- I finish getting ready and see an unexpected guest on my way to our first look.
- It was finally time to cross the street and meet my groom!
- We spend some time with our wedding party and then some time alone. Ceremony time was rapidly approaching.
- Our ceremony begins with the family and bridesmaid processional and continues with the bridal processional.
- I share the full text of our ceremony.
- We recess and my father gives us a very special wedding gift.
- Our friends and family gathered for some formal (and not so formal) portraits. Then Mr. Coyote and I spent a few moments alone before heading out to join the rest of our guests for our cocktail hour.
- The reception begins with a rockin’ introduction. Followed by our first dance and parent dances.
- Best Man M knocks us all out of the park with his speech. Our maids of honor had a little trouble with their speech, but my uncle brought us back on track with his beautiful blessing.
- We were too excited to eat, so we spent some time visiting with our guests until it was time to cut the cake.
- Westchester, NY
- Administrative Assistant
- Wedding Date:
- June 2012
- Franklin Plaza