After the dances, our guests took a seat and it was time for the toasts!
MOH L was up first. Back story: Facebook came out during our sophomore year of college. Shortly after the relationship feature was added, everyone was quick to link up with their boyfriend/girlfriend. L and I were both boyfriend-less, and BM K had recently announced her relationship with her new beau. Not to be outdone, L and I decided that we would announce: our marriage! Our “married” relationship status remained throughout college, and a few years afterward. She began dating her now-husband”¦I began dating Mr. Buttons”¦but we remained married on Facebook”¦until Mr. Buttons proposed.
“I knew something big had happened when she called and told me she needed to change her Facebook status”¦”
Love you L!
Next up was the Best Man: Mr. Buttons’ identical twin J. He let everyone know that he was to thank for Mr. Buttons and me being together in the first place. Do you remember how we met? Our fateful beach encounter was thanks to our furbabies Theo and Lucia. And how did Mr. Buttons acquire Lucia, you ask? She happens to be one of the puppies from the litter J and his wife E’s Australian Shepherds gave birth to! No puppies—no meeting!
Finally, it was Daddy Buttons’ turn to take the mic.
He explained to our guests how it was clear that his daughter had inherited some of his traits”¦like his attention to detail and perfectionism”¦and for that, he apologized to Mr. Buttons! I guess I can’t blame him; sometimes I wonder how Mr. Buttons manages to put up with me!
He welcomed Mr. Buttons to the family, and everyone raised up their glass!
In the end, I liked that everyone kept it simple with the toasts; they were all lovely! And, I was glad that we decided not to go with a champagne toast for our reception. Our guests raised whatever their drink of choice was, and I don’t think that anyone was upset that champagne wasn’t involved! It saved money on our bar bill for the evening, and there weren’t half-full glasses of champagne laying around. Win-win!
After the toasts were complete, our officiant gave a blessing, and our guests were released to our tasting stations for dinner!
*All photos courtesy of Pilster Photography*
- The girls got ready, then the guys got ready.
- I became a bride, but our first look wasn’t what I’d hoped.
- We took some photos alone and then with our bridal party.
- Everyone hopped on the trolley and then we took a few family portraits before my cake arrived.
- I gathered myself before the ceremony, our bridal party made their way down the aisle, and I followed afterward.
- Our ceremony began with some readings and ended with a handfasting ceremony.
- My ”˜maids helped me adjust my bustle and we entered the cocktail hour.
- We had fun in the photo booth then took some photos on the water.
- We made our grand entrance, shared our first dance, and then danced with our parents.
- Clearwater, FL
- Wedding Date:
- May 2010
- Carlouel Yacht Club