We’re looking for stylish, smart, and creative brides, bridesmaids, and grooms to join the Weddingbee team!
Please try to keep in mind we’re looking for diverse bloggers that:
- have a great writing style or voice
- have a great sense of style
- will update frequently (average 2–3 times a week)
- love to share ideas, research, DIY projects, and planning details
- will share pictures of the wedding day, vendor reviews, honeymoon reviews, etc.
Why Blog for Weddingbee?
Our bloggers are volunteers and work hard to write awesome blog posts and share & connect with our community. What do they get out of it? I’ll let our bloggers tell you…
“Blogging for Weddingbee was one of the best decisions of my life! While the blogging experience is something I’ll never forget, the world of Bees is so much more than that. I’ve created so many beautiful friendships and connections that are sure to last a lifetime! The whole experience is much more than I could ever describe and it has honestly changed my life.” ~ Mrs. Sea Monkey
“As an international bride with a destination wedding, being part of the ‘Bee gave me the community I longed for during my planning. We shared excitement about each other’s weddings, and I learned so many tips and great ideas. It made my planning experience a much warmer, more heartfelt time than it would have been if I had done it all on my own.” ~Mrs. Funnel Cake
“The absolute best part of getting married was the Weddingbee community that I gained while blogging. While my marriage was short lived and didn’t last, some of my best friends are bees I met through Weddingbee. I can’t even express how thankful I am for these ladies in my life; we share and swap clothes, we share our lives ups and downs, we give advice in good times and bad. I won’t drop any names, but I know there are several of us who told “the bees” they were pregnant before they even told their husbands. I loved having Weddingbee during wedding planning for photo inspiration and tutorials, but the best part has come afterward: lifelong friendships, a community I know I belong in, and a solid group of ladies I can always go to. Blogging for Weddingbee has changed my life in too many ways to comprehend, all for the better.” ~Ms. Eagle
“On the face, much of planning a wedding seems superficial, but blogging enhanced the experience for me in ways I could have never anticipated—not only because it required me answer “why” we made certain decisions (which helped immensely in making our wedding feel more like “us”), but it also forced me to reflect on Mr. S and me as a couple. Wedding planning was a whirlwind, but sitting down every week to write blog posts allowed me slow down and really appreciate the man I was about to marry and why we were doing all of this to begin with.
And then of course, there are the bees. The notion that I’d form close friendship with strangers over the internet made me side-eye so hard, but now I can’t imagine my life without them. They are an amazing group of diverse, intelligent, kind, and funny women who always know exactly what to say, who are there for each other at a moment’s notice to share in joy and sorrow, answer inane questions, or just for a random laugh when it’s needed most. I am lucky to count myself among them.” ~ Mrs. Squid
1) You must have less than eight months to your wedding date. Please note that we have a committee that reviews all applications, so it may take up to four weeks for you to receive a response.
2) Please create at least eight original blog post style entries as part of your application. You can create the entries in any word processing program, like Word or Google Docs, and attach them to your emailed application. Write your blog posts exactly as if you were writing for Weddingbee for at least two weeks/eight entries. This way you can get a feel for blogging for an audience, we can get a feel for your aesthetic and writing style/voice, and we can both see if it’s a good fit.
3) Please read our blogging guidelines to find out what what we’re looking for in a bee before you apply.
4) After you’ve blogged regularly for two weeks and have at least eight entries, complete the following application and email it to: wannabee at weddingbee.com.
5) You should receive an auto-reply that confirms we received your application. If you do not receive this email, please please email the application and an explanation of the problem to info at weddingbee.com.
Once our committee has reviewed your application and made a decision, we will send you an email letting you know, either way. If we don’t accept your application, you’re welcome to reapply after four weeks.
- Weddingbee Username:
- Wedding Date:
- Today’s Date:
- Date of Birth:
- Email Address:
- Wedding Budget:
- Is this your first time applying to be a bee? Yes/No
- Fiance(e)’s Name:
- Fiance(e)’s Date of Birth:
- Fiance(e)’s Ethnicity:
- Fiance(e)’s Occupation:
- Engagement Date:
- Telephone Number:
- Number of Guests:
1. Please describe details of the wedding you are planning including religious ceremonies, cultural ceremonies, etc.
2. Why do you want to be a Weddingbee blogger?
3. How long have you been blogging?
4. Will you commit to blogging an average of 2-3 times a week? If not, please reconsider applying as updating frequently is an essential part of being a bee.
5. Are you willing to post photos of yourself and your wedding?
6. Do you work in or plan to work in the wedding industry?
7. Do you blog for any other wedding sites?
8. Please provide the names of the vendors you have booked to date.
9. Any additional information you’d like to provide about yourself and your fiance(e)?