The Top 100 Most Requested Wedding Songs Ever
UPDATED! This post originally ran in 2006 and has been a staple for couples looking for the most requested wedding songs to add to their wedding music playlists. It’s been 10 years, and of course, times have changed…or have they? We tapped the best team of Wedding DJs in the industry, Scratch Weddings, to get the scoop on today’s top 100 most requested wedding songs. Scratch Weddings has used their own MusicMatch app to keep track of the songs that their couples request, and over the past few years, here are the top songs that they get requests for—and play—at weddings.
It was interesting to compare 2016’s top 100 wedding songs list to 2006’s top 100 wedding songs. The current list of most requested songs is at the top, and below is our original list first published back in 2006. 15 songs have remained a mainstay as couple’s favorite requests. I’ve highlighted the songs that overlap in green.
Special thanks to the team at Scratch Weddings for providing this definitive list of wedding songs. Use this list to round out your wedding playlist. To find your wedding DJ, head to Scratch Weddings and request a quote.
Top 100 Wedding Songs – 2016
1. Don’t Stop Believin’ – Journey
2. We Found Love – Rihanna (feat. Calvin Harris)
3. Happy (From “Despicable Me 2”) – Pharrell Williams
4. Get Lucky – Daft Punk (feat. Pharrell Williams & Nile Rodgers)
5. P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing) – Michael Jackson
6. I Wanna Dance With Somebody – Whitney Houston
7. Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough – Michael Jackson
8. The Way You Look Tonight – Frank Sinatra (#18 in 2006)
9. Marry You – Bruno Mars
10. Uptown Funk- Mark Ronson (feat. Bruno Mars)
… read more