After we visited our venue to see our DJ in person, I decided on something—our bathrooms needed baskets. It’s such a small thing, but it really seemed like it would add something for our guests. That, and my internal wedding planner/stage manager wants to be prepared for EVERYTHING.
How I live my life… / Photo credit: I Can Has Cheezburger
When considering our bathroom baskets, I read a lot of information to help me create a list of everything that could possibly be needed. Besides getting an idea of what to add, I kept seeing one common thread—costs ranging from $65 and up. For one time use items, if used at all, I definitely wanted to keep this on the cheap side. So, I decided that I wanted to keep the total for BOTH bathroom baskets under $50.
Photo credit: Giphy
So, Gander and I started our search at the best place to stick to this budget: Dollarama! From previous times hunting those aisles for various items, I knew that most, if not all, our items could be found there. Armed with the list, the money, and our shopping cart, we ventured into the aisles. Here is a breakdown of our baskets and their costs:
- Baskets – $2.50 X 2 = $5.00
- Advil – $2.00 X 2 = $4.00
- Cough drops – $1.00
- Mouthwash – $1.50 X 2 = $3.00
- Floss – $1.00 X 2 = $2.00
- Safety pins – $1.00
- Tide pens – $2.97 X 2 = $5.94 (note: only item that was not at Dollarama!)
- Combs – $1.00
- Lint roller – $1.00 X 2 = $2.00
- Spray deodorant – $2.00 X 2 = $4.00
- Hairspray – $1.50 (note: Gander declared we only needed one, since the men probably wouldn’t use it.)
- Nail clipper and file – $3.00 (one set split between the two)
- Mints – $1.00
- Gum $0.69 X 2 = $1.38
- Feminine hygiene products – $2.00
- Hair elastics – $1.00
- Bobby pins – $1.00
- Antibacterial wipes – $1.00
- Q-tip swabs – $1.00
- Bandages – $1.00
- Hand sanitizer – $1.25
- Assorted small bags – $1.00
TOTAL COST = $45.07
So, it was only $4.93 within my goal, but it was still within my goal! I know there are a few items that may be questioned about buying them at such a low price. I did check the quality of them after purchasing, and while they may not be “regular use” good, they are “stuck in a pinch because I’m dancing too much/I forgot August was warm/OH crap, it’s THAT week of the month” good. While I obviously hope none of my guests need anything, I’m glad to have them prepared in case they do!
So, did anyone else get bathroom baskets? What price goal did you give yourself?