Cupid Shuffle Wedding Dance
After we got some of the formal traditions (like cutting the cake) out of the way, our DJ reopened the dance floor.
GIF retrieved from The Hoya
He invited our guests out with crowd-pleasers such as “Uptown Funk” and Flo Rida’s “Good Feeling.” My family is pretty subdued, generally speaking, and while Mr. Blue Moon’s family is a little more party-ready, we were still kind of worried that people wouldn’t dance.
The super young crowd wasn’t shy, though…
…and where there are cute kids dancing, there are usually adults willing to get in on the fun.
Our super wonderful DJ eventually got a bunch of people on the floor with the “Cupid Shuffle.” Whatever it takes!
He got some couples, including my parents, out for slow songs, too.
Video stills provided by Stratosphere Videography
We spent the next couple of hours partying with our guests, and it was such an emotional high! We had all of our people together in one place, and nothing could be better!
Did you miss something?
- My girls and I indulge in some R&R.
- We have a fancy bridesmaids’ luncheon.
- We rehearse, eat, and forget to take pictures.
- I get ready with my girls.
- My dad and I pretend like we are not the most awkward people on the planet.
- We have the hottest first look of all time.
- Our wedding party takes a hike.
- We share all the little details.
- My inner diva comes out.
- We wait impatiently.
- The family and bridesmaids walk.
- I walk down the aisle without embarrassing myself (too much).
- We begin our ceremony with some laughs.
- Our best man saves the day.
- We seal it with a kiss.
- We take advantage of the Tennessee twilight.
- We take a turn about the dance floor.
- We honor our parents with a dance.
- We cut the cake.
- We are toasted.