Um, HI! I was a blogger here a long, LONG time ago. Well, it feels like that, anyway. I was thinking about things people may not know about me that are crazy and exciting, but I couldn’t really think of that ONE BIG THING so I decided to share a few smaller things.
- I don’t really like cheesecake, doughnuts or frosting. I know. I know. I can’t explain it. Actually, I can explain the doughnuts. I had a doughnut a few hours before I got really “sick” and the taste coming up really stuck with me. Sorry, TMI.
- One of my favorite snacks is feta with tortilla chips. I don’t know how I came up with that. Now Mr. Joey likes it, too.
- I was mock charged by an elephant. It’s a long story but I rounded a corner and there is was. It scared me, I scared it and it did the ears flapping/feet stomping thing they do before they charge. I turned around and took off and apparently it did the same. The owner of the property I was staying at saw the whole thing and thought it was the funniest thing ever. That will teach me to stay at a lodge on an elephant corridor.
I wonder which of these guys mocked charged me? Sorry, it’s not a particularly flattering picture.
- I honestly think I should have been a spy. I can blend in just about anywhere a spy would be needed. I’ve been mistaken for someone who is: Indian, Bengali, Thai, Fijian, Mexican, Portuguese, Ethiopian, Chechen, Armenian, Turkish, Costa Rican, Nicaraguan, Mongolian, Pakistani, Zambian (not ethnically), and Cuban. I also blend in in most of Europe, Africa, Canada and South Africa. I’m telling you, I could have been a spy or something like that. Actually, I think the reason I get to travel so much for work is because of my ability to blend in.
- I’ve been involved in a few international incidents that are definitely spy-worthy in a very comical way. Let’s just say someone thought I was WAY more important than I was and I got assigned someone to tail me. This “tailer” used let me know he had been in my apartment by leaving the TV on (after I’d unplugged it in the morning) to the Cartoon Network. He also helped himself to an afternoon cup of tea pretty regularly. I used to leave him chocolate once in awhile. It was my way of letting me know I knew he was “visiting” but I didn’t mind. I like to think that it wasn’t a mistake that someone was assigned to tail me but more that I was practice for someone way more important in the future.